Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's what I figured. As much as I want to see Cannon play I don't want to force it. I'm sure he'll get some snaps today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

85 is out and Branch is banged up.
PREDICTION: T.Price gets his first reception and TD this week
Aso is their best bet to contain the beast that is Price but he's banged up as well.

:)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this is it for Price then. If he can't do it now, it's pretty much not going to happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, this is it for Price then. If he can't do it now, it's pretty much not going to happen.
Let's just wait and see how the game plays out until we make those kind of statements. No one is doubting Price's talent it seems, but it's been hard for him to see the field with the people in front of him. I hope to see a lot of him today though...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with EE here. We better see something out of Price today, otherwise I envision a chad jackson career with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Let's just wait and see how the game plays out until we make those kind of statements. No one is doubting Price's talent it seems, but it's been hard for him to see the field with the people in front of him. I hope to see a lot of him today though...
Good players, players with a future, seize these types of opportunities. Price has had them before and squandered them, but this is far and away the biggest one he's gotten. What he's capable of doing doesn't matter if he can't get on the field and do it. I don't buy that it's been hard for him to get on the field either. We've been begging for a player like him to step up, shoot, Bill O'Brien has even been campaigning for it publicly.

Not saying I expect 8 for 150. But he absolutely needs to show something meaningful today for me to have any confidence in him going forward. It's a result based game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

When has Price ever had an opportunity like the one he has today? You mean with Hoyer in against Miami in week 17 last year? Or the few snaps he has been on the field for this year? Because I can't remember another game with this kind of opportunity. He needs to step up today, I'll give you that. But I'm not going to give up on the guy if he doesn't catch more than 3 balls or so. Welker is going to have a field day against these LBs, the same can be said for Gronk and Hernandez. Add in the screens to stifle the pass rush and there aren't a whole lot of receptions left.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

When hasn't he had an opportunity?

You've brought in a veteran receiver to have a major role on the team who flat out can't play. You've had Deion Branch run hot and cold all season and have stretches where he isn't a factor. You've had a stretch where Hernandez, a major target in the offense, was unable to go....and we all said "Look for Taylor Price!". The guy can't get on the field when we've been flat out begging for a guy who can do damage against man coverage over the top....we're ten games into the season and we still haven't been able to find a true third receiver. Really don't know how the argument can be made that he's just biding his time. There's tons of room in the offense for a guy like Price and he hasn't been able to find his niche. We've been down this path before with similar guys before, everyone has a few of them on their roster even. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Games like today when one of them gets pressed into service go a long way towards finding out what you have.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Shoot, we gave Matthew Slater reps on offense earlier this year. I like Slater the special teamer, but if that doesn't say how wide open the receiver thing has been all year, I don't know what will.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention Slater actually got us some production out of the plays he got in on. If Price can't beat out Ocho or Deion for a spot, I don't think he's magically going to turn into some elite wr for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Not to mention Slater actually got us some production out of the plays he got in on. If Price can't beat out Ocho or Deion for a spot, I don't think he's magically going to turn into some elite wr for us.
Or even a meaningful contributor. Can't blame him for Deion or even fully for Chad, but the fact that he hasn't been able to do a thing all year is bad. We cut a guy who put up 400+ for us(and hasn't done a thing for the Bengals as a receiver, again, that's how badly we need somebody to do something. A guy who produced a bit for us can't beat out Andrew Hawkins and Andre Caldwell in Cincinnati) to keep him. Not at all unreasonable to expect to see him give us something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I think that we're just going to have to agree to disagree here lol. I'm not saying that Price will be the answer to all our problems on offense or that he's going to be an elite receiver. I think he has a place in the NE offense, and hopefully that's what we're going to see today. Traditionally we've sucked at developing receiver. I really hope Price is going to change that.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calling Price a bust already is an overreaction. He is stuck behind two guys who have incredible chemistry with Brady and a receiver who the Patriots have invested over $5 million in. Price's rookie year was a redshirt season and this year he's battled injuries.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Never said he was a bust. By definition, I wouldn't even consider a 3rd round pick who didn't work out a bust. Not holding his rookie year against him either, similar situation to what Vereen is dealing with now. I do think it's completely fair to question what his role will be going forward if he can't start showing something though. I certainly hope we're looking to add a receiver through the draft or free agency next off-season regardless of what Price is able to do the rest of the season, but it's always nice when you can approach something like that through a less desperate position.

Basically, if Price can't start finding a way to get on the field, it might be time to find someone who can. Not buying that the 5M we invested in Chad is a factor either. If there's anything we're good at, it's ignoring things like that and going with the guy who is the best for the job.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
When has Price ever had an opportunity like the one he has today? You mean with Hoyer in against Miami in week 17 last year? Or the few snaps he has been on the field for this year? Because I can't remember another game with this kind of opportunity. He needs to step up today, I'll give you that. But I'm not going to give up on the guy if he doesn't catch more than 3 balls or so. Welker is going to have a field day against these LBs, the same can be said for Gronk and Hernandez. Add in the screens to stifle the pass rush and there aren't a whole lot of receptions left.
Yeah, he really hasn't had a chance to do anything. They're not going to bench Branch or 85 to see if maybe Price could do better. If they weren't a team that's winning anyway, they might. The only plays I remember seeing Price on the field for, Brady missed him when he was wide open.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, he really hasn't had a chance to do anything. They're not going to bench Branch or 85 to see if maybe Price could do better. If they weren't a team that's winning anyway, they might. The only plays I remember seeing Price on the field for, Brady missed him when he was wide open.
Yea, the throw was way short. Maybe it was the pressure.
Or maybe Brady is out of practice is throwing the deep ball now lol

Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eventful one in this weeks edition of pass rushers we've passed on that the Texans took; Connor Barwin with 3 sacks and Brooks Reed with 1. Barwin now has 7.5 and Reed is up to 6. Pain.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Tiquan Underwood is on the field but Price isn't? FML...

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Tiquan Underwood was just on the field according to the announcer. That's absolutely an indictment of Taylor Price.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

yeah. There's no getting around that one. The coaches can't be happy with Price if Underwood is in there (which he was)...

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. WTF Price.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Eventful one in this weeks edition of pass rushers we've passed on that the Texans took; Connor Barwin with 3 sacks and Brooks Reed with 1. Barwin now has 7.5 and Reed is up to 6. Pain.
Was that nut tap necessary?

edit:

Underwood with the drop. Wow. This just keeps getting better.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Taylor Price change his name to Tiquan Underwood?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Good half of offensive football, in spite of some missed opportunities and drops. Defense is looking pretty good on everything but the deep ball as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.