Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
So, this Rob Gronkowski guy... you think he's going to be a decent TE???
Think he can play CB too?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are certainly not going anywhere in the playoffs this year, not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously our defense is incapable of stopping anyone. Moving to a 4-3 has not been beneficial for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
We are certainly not going anywhere in the playoffs this year, not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously our defense is incapable of stopping anyone. Moving to a 4-3 has not been beneficial for us.
That seems like the elephant in the room; no one really expects us to make it far into the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly don't expect a run, our defense is too terrible, but you never know.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get a first round bye I'm satisfied. If we win a PO game I'll be ecstatic. This could just be the worst defense the NFL has ever seen. It's sickening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ****** first half of football. Our defense can't do **** against a team that's banged up and flat out not very good, TONS of offensive mis-communication....We're so obviously the better team, but we did not come into this game prepared to play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are these guys so ******* open in the endzone?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-11-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even want to make it to the SB at this rate, the Saints and Packers would just **** all over us haha. Ok well I want to make it but it just wouldn't be pretty.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't even want to make it to the SB at this rate, the Saints and Packers would just **** all over us haha. Ok well I want to make it but it just wouldn't be pretty.
Maybe we get lucky and the Giants or the 49ers win the NFC.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Thing is, the pass rush has been half decent lately. We can't crutch the secondary's performance on that anymore.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-11-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Jerod Mayo heard ROP and I talking **** about his hands.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Jerod Mayo heard ROP and I talking **** about his hands.
Apparently he didn't hear me talking **** about staying healthy :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About time Mr. Tackles makes a play!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

But seriously, that was a great game to watch...but we put ourselves in position to lose that game with the amount of stuff we left on the field and that goal line interception(which is fairness to Brady doesn't happen if Welker makes that easy catch). A win is a win, but that one doesn't make me feel any better about the playoffs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Patriots need to take a corner in the first two rounds in 2012?
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on how the board falls. If there's great value I'm all for it. I have wet dreams about Morris Claiborne. Better than PP. There, I said it.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Do the Patriots need to take a corner in the first two rounds in 2012?
They just might. Especially if this is really who McCourty is. Really hoping we can just split the difference between how horrible this year his elite season last year and find someone who is just pretty good. Not sure what to do with him at this point, to be honest. Molden and Moore outplayed him when they were on the field this year. Resting him didn't seem to help and letting him play REALLY isn't helping so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm watching the Brady press conference now. One of the things I hate the most about being a sports fan is the arm chair psychology, but I feel compelled to engage in a little bit here.There's a real somber vibe to the entire thing. He really seems kind of burned out and frustrated...and I can understand that. This is the first time we've almost lost a game directly based on a mistake Brady made in a very long time. I really don't think that entire sideline thing is all that big of a deal, at least moving forward anyway, but I think that it shows the frustration level has been pretty high lately with our inability to finish football games. Watching this team, it really doesn't take very long to realize that the pressure for Brady to be perfect every single play is greater than perhaps any other player in the NFL right now. Even though he'll never admit it, you've got to figure he knows what the deal is with this defense and how we're going to have to win games. That's a bum deal for any quarterback, let alone one who puts that much pressure on themselves already like Brady. It's not like it was all on him either; Wes Welker dropped an easy touchdown, some guys were running the wrong routes, and Deion Branch was missing in action again(which really highlighted how MIA Chad and the other receivers have been too).

Moving more towards the personnel front, I really think it's important we start finding guys who are flat out better for him to throw to. The interception there wasn't on Underwood, but the fact that we are throwing to him in a key situation like that is pretty horrifying. I think we need a few receivers, if you think about it. There's that down the field guy we've been looking for...but you really can't count on Branch to show up anymore and we're getting older at that position as well. We need viable options to round off the roster depth wise. Way back when, we might not have had any true super stars at that position, but we always had guys who could step in and contribute when we needed to spread the field. I'm hoping we're able to find a way to get back to that with a draft pick and some depth signings. We don't necessarily need to find a super star; just guys who fit and can actually play a little bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-11-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCourty isn't healthy. I promise you. I can see it in his gait.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I don't think D-Mac is healthy either. He can't turn his head anymore and he's having trouble with his right arm or shoulder. I don't think that's the only reason why he's sucked this year, but I think there's something to it.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Csna
Rookie

Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.

Ye i think you can tell he would be breaking up a lot of the passes if he were 100% if we do draft a CB Chase Minnifield Virginia i like him a lot very good player not seen him in man coverage which may be his only downside
Csna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I really don't think we'd draft Minnifield with the way he's played this year. I have high hopes for Dowling though, I think he could be a stud if he's able to stay healthy. I wouldn't mind getting someone like Hosley if he declares, he just looks like a perfect fit for our scheme. He reminds me so much of Asante.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

As much as I love Dowling, I'm not going to trust him to stay healthy until he finally does it. He's had these kinds of issues going all the way back to high school. Sometimes guys will magically come out of stuff like that, but more often than not it's something you have to sort of live with and work around. So even if Dowling is capable of playing at a Pro Bowl level when he's on the field, we still may need to draft a corner. That's not a very good position to be in either, where one of your better players isn't able to play. He really, really needs to get his body right and stop with this stuff if he's going to be a long term solution at that position for anyone.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So I feel like a broken record, but once again this is going to be a tougher game than we anticipated a few weeks ago. Denver may well have a good chance at beating us. Say what you will about Tebow, but that Denver defense can play a little bit and can really get after the passer. In fact, they'll be sending two of the better guys at doing that in the NFL at the same time on certain downs. Von Miller is an absolute nightmare to try to block right now with how fast and slippery he is. Dumervil is one of the harder guys in the NFL to match up against as well with how unique he is as a rusher. We did a pretty good job this week on Orakpo and Kerrigan, but but this Denver group has been more prolific statistically and has a whole ton more to play for with Denver trying to make a playoff push. Denver has historically been a pretty tough place for us to win football games at times, so there's that to deal with as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I feel like a broken record, but once again this is going to be a tougher game than we anticipated a few weeks ago. Denver may well have a good chance at beating us. Say what you will about Tebow, but that Denver defense can play a little bit and can really get after the passer. In fact, they'll be sending two of the better guys at doing that in the NFL at the same time on certain downs. Von Miller is an absolute nightmare to try to block right now with how fast and slippery he is. Dumervil is one of the harder guys in the NFL to match up against as well with how unique he is as a rusher. We did a pretty good job this week on Orakpo and Kerrigan, but but this Denver group has been more prolific statistically and has a whole ton more to play for with Denver trying to make a playoff push. Denver has historically been a pretty tough place for us to win football games at times, so there's that to deal with as well.
I think I read yesterday that Denver were starting two backup safties including a rookie. I like our passing game in the middle of the field against pretty much anyone let alone two new starters at safety. We need to run the ball better this week. Denver have no one at DT worth a damn and their inside LBs aren't great against the run.

Really this should be a good matchup for us but I worry about our defense against anyone. If the protection in any way holds up we should still score points.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote