Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I know 6th round picks aren't much but to be honest I don't like the price. I would give one for him but not both.

Really what Spears would do is fill the Shaun Ellis role from last year. Ellis did not make much of an impact and Spears would be an upgrade but it's not like he would be an impact player.

Though in saying that I do like a nickel defense of

Fanene-Wilfork-Spears
Hightower-Mayo-Branch
Kirkpatrick-Chung-Gregory-McCourty-Dowling

Or;

Carter-Fanene-Spears-Branch
Hightower-Mayo
^^ off topic that's a nasty sig.
That's the McCourtey troll face. Week one the McCourty brothers are at it. They share the same twitter account and they've been chirping eachother. Funny stuff.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Who projects to 5 technique this draft (first three rounds)?
Brockers
Reyes
Worthy?
Wolfe?
Still?

There's no consistency in the reports I've read.
These players from the top three rounds may be able to play in New England's traditional two-gap 3-4 (in order of projected draft position):

Dontari Poe, Michael Brockers, Kendall Reyes, Brandon Thompson

Cox, Worthy, Still, and Wolfe are gap-shooters, so drafting them would negate their biggest strength as a player and force them to do something they were uncomfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I know 6th round picks aren't much but to be honest I don't like the price. I would give one for him but not both.

Really what Spears would do is fill the Shaun Ellis role from last year. Ellis did not make much of an impact and Spears would be an upgrade but it's not like he would be an impact player.

Though in saying that I do like a nickel defense of

Fanene-Wilfork-Spears
Hightower-Mayo-Branch

Or;

Carter-Fanene-Spears-Branch
Hightower-Mayo
The way I saw it was that Marcus Spears would upgrade over Brandon Deaderick. Shaun Ellis played in 31.3% of the snaps and Brandon Deaderick was on the field for 28.2% last year so those are quite a few snaps that could potentially be improved on. The Patriots' late-round picks generally do not make the roster so I decided to put those picks to good use and find a proven contributor rather than drafting camp fodder or practice squad candidates. There are not very many spots available on the club this year.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
See sig.

I'd love to get Childs in the third. I think he could be just what we need on offense.
If its the Childs before the injury or close to then yes, I think he could end up being a steal.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Light has retired. Kind of sad to see him go, actually.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 33, too. Just Brady and Vince left now from the SB teams. How'd that happen?

(Oh and thanks Matt for the DE list. Thin pickings on DL for our scheme this year .)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job on that mock draft Matthew. I like those picks.

I'm doing a live mock of my own right now. What's the opinion of Coples on this board. Looks like he's gonna fall out of the top 12. I liked him a lot more last year than this year, but he's an interesting prospect.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pending BeerBaron's approval the Patriots' fourth-round pick (#126 overall) has been traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for their fifth-round pick (#153 overall) and a fifth-round pick in 2013. I liked the value on the board and feel I can still get one of my top options even with the move down. Picking up an extra future draft choice is nice and Belichick/Reid make an annual draft-day trade.

EDIT: Another trade is in: the Patriots have agreed to send their seventh-round pick (#221 overall) to Seattle for the Seahawks' 2013 sixth-round pick. New England now has two picks remaining in the draft, #142 and #155 overall.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 04-18-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Matt Light! I know he had limited support 'round here over the last few seasons but he had an excellent career and I've got nothing but respect for him. I hope he does well selling those fagin doors. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

With the #142 overall pick in the forum mock the New England Patriots selected Arizona St. CB Omar Bolden. Bolden's stock fell after tearing his ACL as a senior but was considered a second-round prospect before the injury. At his Pro Day, he ran in the 4.4s and posted a strong time in the cone drill. Bolden has experience returning kicks and is considered a physical cornerback who specializes in man coverage. New England ranked 29th in kick return yardage last season.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is going to be sad to see this team without Light. He had some maddening moments but was a huge part of our success and a great personality/ambassador for the team. Played such a huge position on this team and had to deal with a ton of great pass rushers protecting while protecting one of the greatest QB's of all time's blindside of a decade, he wasn't the best ever but he was great for us. Sad to see him actually go.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
It is going to be sad to see this team without Light. He had some maddening moments but was a huge part of our success and a great personality/ambassador for the team. Played such a huge position on this team and had to deal with a ton of great pass rushers protecting while protecting one of the greatest QB's of all time's blindside of a decade, he wasn't the best ever but he was great for us. Sad to see him actually go.
I agree. He's been fantastic on and off the field. A true competitor and nice guy. We'll see him on TV this year I am certain.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sad for Light, but at the same time we could be on the verge of something special with Vollmer and Solder. Light was always a competitor and played his best against some of the best like Freeney. Just don't let Aaron Schobel or Jason Taylor anywhere near him.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

New England's draft is complete! The Patriots used their final pick (#155 overall) on Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray, who had intriguing versatility, vision, and maturity. He is a smooth cutback runner who also functioned as an effective receiving option and kick returner in college. Check out the complete haul below:

DRAFT PICKS

1.23. DB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama*

2.37. LB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama*

2.45. DE Andre Branch, Clemson

3.70. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

5.142. CB Omar Bolden, Arizona St.

5.155. RB Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M

2013 DRAFT PICKS ACQUIRED

3. (from Browns)

5. (from Eagles)

6. (from Seahawks)

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

DL Marcus Spears (from Cowboys for #177 and #186 overall picks)
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gray is a good pickup (I would much prefer a pick like that than the recent chatter of Martin in the 1st.) Branch seems like a boom/bust kind of guy, but worth the 2nd round pick as we do need to get some speed at LB. Getting both Dre and Hightower is incredible value. Very nice job. Spears is fine by me, proven player and we need depth on the DL. No 1 or 2 for next year is a bummer, have to downgrade you on that , that and Omar, sounds as fragile as Dowling from what I've read.

A-

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-19-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a great draft. I like all those picks.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

I just finished my live mock draft for the Pats. I don't know about the rest of you, and I feel this is probably very, very unlikely to look anything like the Pats real draft.... but I would absolutely LOVE to see the Pats make these picks. Here it is:

1 (27) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
1 (31) - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
2 (48) - Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
2 (63) - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
3 (93) - Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
4 (126) - Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

Last edited by TNPatsFan : 04-19-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I just finished my live mock draft for the Pats. I don't know about the rest of you, and I feel this is probably very, very unlikely to look anything like the Pats real draft.... but I would absolutely LOVE to see the Pats make these picks. Here it is:

1 (27) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
1 (31) - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
2 (48) - Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
2 (63) - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
3 (93) - Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
4 (126) - Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
3 guys who would play OLB for the Pats with the first 3 picks?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
3 guys who would play OLB for the Pats with the first 3 picks?
How would Dont'a Hightower play OLB in the 3-4? All this talk of that is just dumb, he's a 3-4 ILB only. He can play 4-3 SLB if needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this team is going to take a ILB it needs to be speedy guy who excels in pass coverage. I wouldn't mind taking Zach Brown.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
If this team is going to take a ILB it needs to be speedy guy who excels in pass coverage. I wouldn't mind taking Zach Brown.
Zach Brown would be a disaster for us. You'd be hard pressed to find a Linebacker who shies away from contact more than he does. They could use a speedier guy, but I'd try Kendricks or Wagner before I'd go Zach Brown.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

When looking at the pre draft visits and such, it sure looks to me like we're going to be taking one of those fast, athletic linebackers. Kendricks, Lavonte David or maybe B. Irvin would be nice.

Further, it looks like we are gearing up to draft 4-2-5 personnel, which would explain the C. Jones/N. Perry talk (who may not even be around when we pick.)

Are we going to have the mock draft contest for Patriot picks as in prior years?
:) I want to see if I can go 0-for ...

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...es-sources-say

So the deadline on Mike Wallace has came and went. Kinda disappointed that New England didn't go for it, but it is a high price to pay. Still pretty surprising that no team put in an offer, high contract and all.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Wallace will just sign his 1 yr tag and just go unrestricted next year. Then teams can get him for no pick and not have to worry about Pitt matching.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you guys would find this interesting.

I work at a car rental company inside the one of the local airports..... and Deion Branch came in.....

I talked to him for a little while, hes a really good dude. I asked him what he thought about the draft.... and he said he doesn't even pay attention to that stuff. I told him hopefully we draft defense.... and he was like "naww man we dont even need that. you might be surprised."

interesting.......

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillip Merling anyone???

I thought the Dolphins would have a bit of an overload at the position what with Starks, Odrick etc.

Guy has talent and if he gets his head right could be a real good player at base end

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote