Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Ron Brooks (DB-LSU) has received a second round grade from a few teams.

His ability to play all of the DB spots and play special teams (as well as his triangle numbers) have skyrocketed him up boards. It was nice when he was a late rounder, but now... that's insane.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Apparently Ron Brooks (DB-LSU) has received a second round grade from a few teams.

His ability to play all of the DB spots and play special teams (as well as his triangle numbers) have skyrocketed him up boards. It was nice when he was a late rounder, but now... that's insane.
I saw a Twitter post that said Bills are taking him in the 2nd.
Also on Twitter:
Greg A. Bedard ‏ @GregABedard Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Yes, they do RT @NFLDraftXpert: they love tru johnson

Scouting notes from Pro Football Weekly: Questionable work habits and makeup — did not work in the classroom, has been described as “self-centered” and will require maintenance to keep him in line.

Chad Jackson 2.0, only on defense. I have this horrible feeling he's going to be the pick at 27.

Also while I didn't see it apparently Parcells ranked McClellin as a 5th rounder.

Can I redo my mock in the draft contest?
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a weak draft. Players rated as late firsts are no better than players rated as thirds. The draft boards around the league are probably very different. One team will have a guy rated highly while another team has that same guy rated way down the board.

We could very well see the Pats do what they've done before and trade for picks in next year's draft. And oh by the way, next year's draft appears at this early stage to be significantly better for safeties than this draft.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Also while I didn't see it apparently Parcells ranked McClellin as a 5th rounder.
Bill Parcells is senile? I can see him as a mid rounder, but 5th? His tape ***** on Andre Branch's and he's a "first rounder".
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually saw the board. Scary (Vontaze in the 2nd, Minnifield in the 1st.) So senile sounds about right.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually saw the board. Scary (Vontaze in the 2nd, Minnifield in the 1st.) So senile sounds about right.
Chase Minnifield and Casey Hayward are very good CBs that could go a lot higher than people expect. I even think I might have been a bit harsh on them.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I see Minnifield as more of a 3rd or 4th type guy. I like him but his knee worries me and I think he's a bit stiff in the hips.

Heyward I like at 48

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Minnifield? Really? I hope not. Maybe I'm suffering from DB bust syndrome but he just seems to fit that mode (Butler, Wheatley et al.)
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so ******* pumped!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty much off the mediocre corner bandwagon. Yes we desperately need improved CB play, but so far it's pretty much been a pit for high draft picks for us. If we have a legitimate shot at Janoris Jenkins and his history clears out, then go for it. I like some of the bigger guys like Trumaine Johnson and Dre Kirkpatrick who we can try at both corner and safety at camp because in reality we need both. I'd be ok with a guy like Hosley in the 3rd, because he brings some versatility with him. However, guys like Minnefield I feel are just bad picks for us. I'd much rather see us address WR or pass rushing DT in that area of the draft.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can I redo my mock in the draft contest?
Yes, yes you can. I think it was ok to change right up to draft time, or shortly before. Just read the first post from last year's contest.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I have accepted the fact we are taking Ron Brooks in the first. I would love him in the third and be able to stomach it in the late second, but we all know what is happening.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Yes, yes you can. I think it was ok to change right up to draft time, or shortly before. Just read the first post from last year's contest.
Thanks. :)
While I know I'm pretty much wrong now, every time I try to redo it, it just gets worse
Old 04-26-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, we're apparently trying to trade up to #12. Any idea who we'd be looking at? Barron seems too obvious.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
So, we're apparently trying to trade up to #12. Any idea who we'd be looking at? Barron seems too obvious.
Patriots said on twitter that they haven't had any discussions to move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Patriots said on twitter that they haven't had any discussions to move up.
I was just going off of this little piece of "news"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/patr...headline_stack

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If true, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Mark Barron they were looking at.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Barron as a player, but I would rather stay home and take Harrison Smith in that scenario. I don't see Barron as a natural top fifteen value(fringe in that area though), let alone a guy you have to give anything extra up for. As desperately as we need help on the back end, I can't see us(and hope we aren't) that desperate.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I like Barron as a player, but I would rather stay home and take Harrison Smith in that scenario. I don't see Barron as a natural top fifteen value(fringe in that area though), let alone a guy you have to give anything extra up for. As desperately as we need help on the back end, I can't see us(and hope we aren't) that desperate.
Yeah in with you on this. I would despise movingup that far for smith. Id be much happier staying put and just trading for future picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seem to like Barron more than most and I think he is easy first round talent, but I agree top 15 is too much. He just seems like the kinda guy Belichick would like and his stock is on the rise. I noticed a lot of mocks have him going in the top 12.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the price needed to pay for barron < staying home and taking harrison smith

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron is perfect for us and honestly how many spots could we have available on the roster? I know we don't have many picks later in the draft, but with how many guys we already have entrenched on the team I don't think it would hurt us giving up a pick or two to move up. All our picks are early on in the draft so maybe we will stay put, but I could actually see us moving up this year. Chandler Jones fits the mold of a BB pass rusher and those guys are hard to find and Belichick also has a hard-on for do it all type safeties and Saban players, so both of those guys could be targets if you ask me. Wouldn't rule out Kuechly, Hightower, and possibly even Brockers as potential targets.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

I'm going to start looking for trades in the early twenties depending on who is left (19 Chicago, 22 Cleveland, 23 Detroit.) Hightower, Jones, maybe McClellin (sorry). I think Barron is all but out of reach. Kirkpatrick seems to be dropping, I don't know if Pats are interested in him, might make a good FS.
Edit: Yeah Brockers too. Darkhorse: Poe.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well apparently there's a "gentleman's agreement" between NFLN and ESPN that neither of them will blow the suspense by revealing every pick before they are announced. So that should be a nice change.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id be so f***** pissed if we went after poe

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote