Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=gMw48m6

I know Mankins is tough, but this is really hard to believe.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=gMw48m6

I know Mankins is tough, but this is really hard to believe.
Now I feel bad for giving him **** about having a down year. That is crazy.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about this game. From an offensive standpoint I think we match up very well.

The Titans don't have the horses up front to do a lot of damage against the offensive line. I really don't buy Kamerion Wimbley as a viable threat.

Their secondary is ok but I think we have way too many weapons and I even think the run game could get going.

I am hoping for something like this

Brady 25 of 34 for 320 yards and 3TDs 0Ints
Lloyd with 4 for 90 with a TD
Gronk with 6 for 80 with a TD
Hernandez with 7 for 80 with a TD
Welker with 6 for 50
RBs with 2 for 20

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most of the damage is going to come via the running game and tight ends. As I mentioned in my preview, McCourty and Verner are both very good cornerbacks and I'm expecting them to do a pretty job of covering Lloyd and Welker, respectively. McCourty only allowed an average of 50-55 yards per game last year with one touchdown, and Verner's only poor game was against New Orleans (8/9, 100 yards, TD); he never gave up more than 43 yards in any other matchup.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I think most of the damage is going to come via the running game and tight ends. As I mentioned in my preview, McCourty and Verner are both very good cornerbacks and I'm expecting them to do a pretty job of covering Lloyd and Welker, respectively. McCourty only allowed an average of 50-55 yards per game last year with one touchdown, and Verner's only poor game was against New Orleans (8/9, 100 yards, TD); he never gave up more than 43 yards in any other matchup.
Yeah I don't think any one specific player will have a huge impact, however collectively I just don't think the Titans have enough to slow everyone and if the rush doesn't get there Brady will pick them apart.

In their back 7 I like McCarthy and Ayers but I don't like either of their chances against Gronk or Hernandez and Griffin freelances too much at safety.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Sen'Derrick Marks being out is good news for the Pats interior. He is very quick and can penetrate

Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Sen'Derrick Marks being out is good news for the Pats interior. He is very quick and can penetrate
We should be able to get decent movement in the run game with their undersized front. I wouldn't try as many stretch plays as we have since Verner and McCourty are good tacklers. I'm really worried about Jared Cook. It's hard to simulate a guy with that kind of athleticism. He's like a more polished Ben Watson, and I think he's going to have a huge year this year. It'll be a real test for Hightower, Gregory, and Chung so hopefully they'll be up to the task.

It we can keep Brady upright, mix the right amount of runs in, and force Locker into some bad throws I think we'll win this one comfortably. Chris Johnson will break one long run, and the secondary will be shaky at times, but I don't see the Titans having the horses on offense or defense to keep up with us. We're going to get absolutely no pressure against Roos or Stewart though.

Final Prediction
31-21 Pats
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
We should be able to get decent movement in the run game with their undersized front. I wouldn't try as many stretch plays as we have since Verner and McCourty are good tacklers. I'm really worried about Jared Cook. It's hard to simulate a guy with that kind of athleticism. He's like a more polished Ben Watson, and I think he's going to have a huge year this year. It'll be a real test for Hightower, Gregory, and Chung so hopefully they'll be up to the task.

It we can keep Brady upright, mix the right amount of runs in, and force Locker into some bad throws I think we'll win this one comfortably. Chris Johnson will break one long run, and the secondary will be shaky at times, but I don't see the Titans having the horses on offense or defense to keep up with us. We're going to get absolutely no pressure against Roos or Stewart though.

Final Prediction
31-21 Pats
But we could get some serious pressure up the middle. The Titans interior wasn't great with Amano, but with him being out Wilfork should have a great day. Love as well and if Cunningham moves to DT on passing downs he could get on the board

Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But we could get some serious pressure up the middle. The Titans interior wasn't great with Amano, but with him being out Wilfork should have a great day. Love as well and if Cunningham moves to DT on passing downs he could get on the board
True, but I expect a good amount of rollouts with Locker's skill set. I think our best chance at pressure is going to be from blitzes.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, but I expect a good amount of rollouts with Locker's skill set.
This is where our new, athletic DEs will shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
This is where our new, athletic DEs will shine.
I'm would be very surprised if Roos or Steward had any problems walling off our ends. Those guys are VERY good.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I don't think we'll get any sacks on those guys, but if Locker rolls out the can disengage and make the play.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys me a favor and don't win 59 to 0 again, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm would be very surprised if Roos or Steward had any problems walling off our ends. Those guys are VERY good.
Jones against Roos will be a huge matchup. If Jones can win some battles it could be great.

I also think you are underestimating the awesomeness that is the combo of Nink, Deaderick, Cunningham and Scott. Can anyone say Championship???

Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jones against Roos will be a huge matchup. If Jones can win some battles it could be great.

I also think you are underestimating the awesomeness that is the combo of Nink, Deaderick, Cunningham and Scott. Can anyone say Championship???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Oh I am deadly serious. Sure their previous play would indicate they aren't great but if you have as much faith in Tebow...sorry Jesus as I do then you will realise they are the chosen ones

Old 09-09-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tayvon Wilson!!!!!!!!

Why he was so far behind on the play is beyond me but wow.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Oh my god Jones sack fumble and Hightower recovers for a TD. Seriously jizz in my pants. Hightower looks very good thus far. Play before that wrapping up Johnson with a linemen in his face. I'm so stoked for these guys.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

That was a great ******* play by Jones. It gave me wood. Not joking here. Hightower has shown up too. This is really encouraging, although our corners aren't looking good so far.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

******* Solder, gtfo we really need Waters to come back. I can't believe how well he played last year in comparison to this year (mostly preseason but today as well). This is excatly what I worried about when we drafted him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Ridley really having a day here. If the running game becomes a strength this offense will be unbelievable

The Pats are currently out rushing the Titans by 99 yards

Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It wont be if Solder keeps letting people have free lanes to smash into Brady.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

This was a good win. The Titans aren't a bad team, but we beat them in fashion. I fully expect the OL to settle in and Brady to start chucking the ball downfield a but more. Ridley looked ******* great.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The things that really excited me today:

-Jermaine Cunningham. He looks ******* awesome. If he can keep playing like he did today, he could be a huge piece for this team. He was lining up everywhere and was awesome when playing inside on passing downs.

-Ridley. Runs pissed off, I am as big of a BJGE fan you will ever find but having an explosive back who can punish people would add a whole new dimension to this offense.

-Chandler Jones. All over the place and was doing it all today. Looked slow coming off the ball a few times, but was making always making plays in the run and pass game. Hightower looked good too and I was glad to see Tavon Wilson get the pick, don't know if he was so behind the play by design or what. He got a lot of time though.

-Tight ends. Goes without saying, Gronk was Gronk. Made a bunch of nice plays and demolished some people blocking. Hernandez is so awesome, I think he will be even better this year than last.

-D-tackles. Wilfork is a stud and one of the best in the league, but Kyle Love is really turning into a force. He is a huge body but he moves around and is always laying a lick on somebody. Brandon Deaderick was flying around too.

-The defense in general just had the look of something we haven't seen in a while. The pass defense might still have some question marks, McCourty played OK (dropped pick) and Dowling looked good, all in all I am very excited about this defense.

The only real downside of this game was the play of Solder unless I am forgetting something. I think he will get it together, but we cannot have that happening on the left side.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I think Wendell got pushed around some as well today. Not ideal, but like I said: I think that OL will come together in a few weeks.

Quote: