Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-14-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yesterday was pretty much the best
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still waiting to hear about Talib and Mayo before I make that statement haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah there is that. But those games...I live in Southie, watched the Pats game at Stats. When that was over I cabbed it to Game On and watched the Sox. Nothing is getting done at work today but completely worth it.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I love about the win is it was a gutsy comeback. Yes the offense wasn't perfect and yes it took 3 goes but the Pat's defense were able to shut down an offense with the game on the line and our offense was able to win the game.

Last few years the defense would crumble and give up a big lead and the offense would falter with the game on the line. If there is a positive for what has been a relatively ****** season so far it is that the Pats are in sink or swim mode. Character will play a major part in the rest of the year.

While I still have reservations about Blount returning kicks, this was quite clearly the best game of complimentary football between all 3 phases of the season.

I also don't know how to comprehend the fact that the Pats play the Jets, Dolphins and Steelers the next 3 weeks before the bye and could conceivably be 9-1 despite the myriad of injuries and off the field issues which have happened.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Dolphins are a team to overlook here. Theyre solid accross the board really. I also don't feel comfortable writing off the Jets either, they played a very close game against us at home in week 2.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't think the Dolphins are a team to overlook here. Theyre solid accross the board really. I also don't feel comfortable writing off the Jets either, they played a very close game against us at home in week 2.
Oh for sure I am not writing any team off because I don't think our offense will stay consistent, however the Pats will be favored in each game.

The hope against the Jets will be that Geno makes mistakes. I think that game will look pretty similar to the first because the Jets d line will dominate us up front.

As for the Dolphins I think they were overrated to start the year. The struggle to run the ball and while Tannehill looks good I would take our pass defense over their pass attack right now, all depending on Talib. Defensively they can rush the passer with 4 but I think their LBs are mediocre and their secondary, while pretty good, isn't what you would call dominant.

Pittsburgh are interesting. They really haven't been good but the pieces are there.

Overall, if they go 2-1 or better before the bye then it has been a tremendous start, ideally winning both divisional games which would almost wrap up the division.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU posted a good link where you can go on as a NFL gm and draft for your own team

This is what I did for the Pats

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 16 (G.B.): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (OAK): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 12 (STL): Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (G.B.): Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska (A-)
Round 3 Pick 28: Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 4 Pick 11 (OAK): Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky (A-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (STL): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 28: Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young (B-)
Round 6 Pick 2 (JAX): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (C)
Round 7 Pick 3 (T.B.): Christian Kirksey, OLB, Iowa (A)
Round 7 Pick 4 (PITT): Ryan Hewitt, FB, Stanford (B)
Round 7 Pick 28: Alfred Blue, RB, LSU (A)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

WRs everywhere.

http://first-pick.com/

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Talib has a hip flexor injury, isnt expected to be serious. Thank god.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bye can't come soon enough give all the injuries.
Saw this on Twitter:

Quote:
Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 1h
Scott Piolo just said on the Dan Patrick show that "he knows the Patriots are still looking for WR help via trade" mentioned Hakeem Nicks.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I feel like I am going to get way too excited about that possibility so until something more comes out of that lets pretend that wasnt said.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That FirstPick thing is kinda cool, although it is extremely unrealistic, especially with some of the trades that you get offered. That being said here's who I drafted. Also don't like the way you get a score at the end of the draft.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (K.C.): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 3 Pick 4 (CLE): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
Round 3 Pick 20 (CLE): Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma
Round 3 Pick 28: Xavier Grimble, TE, Southern California
Round 4 Pick 28: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA
Round 5 Pick 28: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
Round 6 Pick 28: Shaquelle Evans, WR, UCLA
Round 7 Pick 28: Garrison Smith, DT, Georgia

I wanted to beef up the D-line, give Brady some weapons including another TE to throw to, draft an ILB incase Spikes leaves (didn't realize how small Borland was when I selected him), bring in a young CB, and bring in an interior lineman who could replace Connolly eventually and a C who could challenge Wendell.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 10-15-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Donte Moncrief is now my personal dream.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2 (JAX): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (C+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (DEN): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (CHI): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (B+)
Round 3 Pick 28: Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29 (IND): Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut (A-)
Round 3 Pick 31 (K.C.): Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (D-)
Round 3 Pick 32 (DEN): Chaz Sutton, DE, South Carolina (D)
Round 4 Pick 28: Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young (B-)
Round 5 Pick 28: Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State (A)
Round 5 Pick 31 (K.C.): Demonte McAllister, DT, Florida State (C)
Round 6 Pick 28: Antonio Andrews, RB, Western Kentucky (C+)
Round 7 Pick 28: Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick
Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an incredibly intense game. I can't even imagine how high my blood pressure was sitting on my couch.

For some reason, I get the impression that Dobson is going to blow up. He has the look of a kid that was in over his head but is starting to see the light. The cliches would be "thinking too much", "letting the game come to him", and other crap like that.

The Gronk situation is weird. I have a feeling that there's smoke but no fire on that one. Until I see some reasonable source for it, I'll assume it's nothing. I would be pretty upset if both sides weren't able to see that the surgery from last season was not the best option and extra time is warranted if that's what an expert dr. is saying. Then again, the "resentment" could be very real if team drs. have cleared him and Andrews has not. I don't even care if Gronk sits the whole year. The kid is too good to force the issue and ruin what should be a long, illustrious career.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Why havent we traded yet. And any updates on Mayo or Talib? I can't find anything.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Getting Donte Moncrief is now my personal dream.
Hop aboard, woot. There's plenty of room.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots tried out three defensive linemen today, no big names. Frank Kearse, was drafted by the Dolphins in 2011 didn't make the team and played the last two years with the Panthers. Aaron Wilson who I've never heard of and can't find anything about online. And George Johnson. By signing Johnson you're hitting a double whammy because not only did he go to Rutgers, BB's favorite school, but he also would be another player in the long line of Schiano castoffs. He played for the Buccaneers between 2010-2012.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Curran reporting Mayo could be done for the year with a torn pectoral.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Tom Curran reporting Mayo could be done for the year with a torn pectoral.
I figured he was done for the year when that play happened, and I don't think it affects this team that much. But the injuries on defense are getting frustrating.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries are a *****.

Mayo has been way more of a difference maker than he used to be since the move to a 4-3, but I'm not super concerned about the on the field impact. We'll be fine against the run with Hightower and Spikes. He was our best linebacker in coverage, but that's not saying a ton. He's been a part of the problem as often as he's been the solution. We'll REALLY suck in that area now, but that's nothing new.

We don't have any guys to step in and provide what he can, but we have enough to get by there. Maybe we'll actually see Collins play a bit.

Still, it's absolutely nuts how hard the injury bug has come down this season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Injuries are a *****.

Mayo has been way more of a difference maker than he used to be since the move to a 4-3, but I'm not super concerned about the on the field impact. We'll be fine against the run with Hightower and Spikes. He was our best linebacker in coverage, but that's not saying a ton. He's been a part of the problem as often as he's been the solution. We'll REALLY suck in that area now, but that's nothing new.

We don't have any guys to step in and provide what he can, but we have enough to get by there. Maybe we'll actually see Collins play a bit.

Still, it's absolutely nuts how hard the injury bug has come down this season.
Yeah for all the bitching by some teams year in, year out, I defy anyone to look at what the Pats are missing and not think it's a big deal.

But, they're part of the game and can't be used as an excuse. Belichick and Patricia need to find ways to cover up this loss.

I would actually like to see more 34 stuff now with Collins getting on the field in some sort of joker role which can be interchanged with Hightower. It may also be necessitated by the lack of depth at DT

Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hate seeing this because Mayo has been a mainstay and he really looks to be thriving in the 4-3. I don't think it is a catostrophic loss as Wilfork was and Talib would be, but this is still a pretty big loss. He is the QB of our defense and has developed into one of the better linebackers in the NFL. I hope we see Dane Fletcher out there, I have always wanted to see what he could do in a bigger role.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in as a Fletcher fan as well. I think he was a guy who was going to take a bit longer to develop, but after this preseason I really feel like he's ready to be a starter. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about Collins in a year or 2. I actually think Fletcher is better in coverage than Mayo, but I think we really need run defense help right now, so losing Mayo is a pretty decent hit. Count me in as a Beuaharnais fan as well.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Is anyone else sort of wanting a bit more from the pass rush/ Despite how much I love what our defense has done this season, i think there can be some improvement in that area, and while Jones has statistically had a nice start, it hasnt been flashy or anything dominant.

Another side note, how much is it going to cost us to resign Talib?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is anyone else sort of wanting a bit more from the pass rush/ Despite how much I love what our defense has done this season, i think there can be some improvement in that area, and while Jones has statistically had a nice start, it hasnt been flashy or anything dominant.

Another side note, how much is it going to cost us to resign Talib?
Yeah, they don't get to the QB. The defense hasn't generate legitimate, consistent pressure since Rosey Colvin & Richard Seymour...

And a lot more than it would have cost if they'd just taken care of business this past off-season.