Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need an offensive weapon, badly. Thats my only concern. We couldnt move the ball against Denvers **** defense until they went into prevent at the end of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Revis, Dennard, and McCourty in the secondary. If we find someone who's not a total hole in the secondary to play safety - that would be amazing.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats apparently very interested in Brandon Browner as well

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
That's a good addition for a team that always has injury problems in the secondary.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Jvig. I wouldn't count on Dobson taking the next step or Amendola replacing Edelman's productivity if he leaves.

Another target for Brady is definitely needed, and I think it would be much better to have it be a veteran acquired via FA than a rookie via the draft.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rob Gronkowski's actually healthy, I think we have the #1 weapon, we just need some supporting-cast guys. There are a lot of receivers who could potentially fill Edelman's role in the draft, such as Michael Campanaro, Jalen Saunders, Jeremy Gallon, etc.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk doesnt stay healthy however. And thats a big big "if" to assume he could stay healthy all season, at this point.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:48 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith would be perfect IMO

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
If Rob Gronkowski's actually healthy, I think we have the #1 weapon, we just need some supporting-cast guys. There are a lot of receivers who could potentially fill Edelman's role in the draft, such as Michael Campanaro, Jalen Saunders, Jeremy Gallon, etc.
Bruce Ellington, faster, quicker, stronger that the other slots mentioned above. I think it will be Boyce who steps up
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:14 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
We could be trying to do the Seattle thing. 1 shutdown corner, deep rangy safety, a huge corner to knock around TE's/ could be a solution as the big SS some people seem to think we need, with a lot of better than average peripheral CB's. Plus, with what seems to be an emphasis on getting more athletic linebackers, I can't say that I hate it.

Still I have no idea what a reasonable contract would be for Browner. Ideally, I'd want something that was a low cap hit for this year, and an option for 2015 if he works out.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiggy was on the Revis thing way before it happened. He also called how the Edelman thing would be.

He also mentioned a trade with Atlanta for Roddy White. Makes sense for both teams. I wonder if there have been internal discussions in the club house
Old 03-13-2014, 06:31 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

If we don't land a Woodyrd I wouldn't be shocked if we went Shazier in the first or Telvin Smith in round 2 to play that nickel roaming and TE man defense
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Anyone wants to take a look at Browner ?

I agree though Revis needs to be a Pats at the end of the day.
I called Browner earlier in this thread.

Our secondary would just be awesomeness.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Might be more than 1 year...

from Breer twitter

Quote:
And I'm told the Patriots are eyeing, after a feeling-out period, locking up Revis in the long term. They see him/this opportunity as rare.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

If they sign Browner do you cut Arrington. Bill loves him but I like Ryan better in the slot and I dont like Arrington's contract
Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the Pats are looking for guys who let them play cover1/3 and that is why Browner is being brought in.

I'm all for it. Let Ryan and Dennard play zones inside when needed and get speedy LBs.

If we could add another pass rusher I think this defense could be on the verge of top tier this year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
If they sign Browner do you cut Arrington. Bill loves him but I like Ryan better in the slot and I dont like Arrington's contract
I don't think so. Browner won't be available for the first few weeks and if one of the top 3 CBs go down then you have Justin Green as the slot guy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding Nicks or Smith would be awesomeness too.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I don't think so. Browner won't be available for the first few weeks and if one of the top 3 CBs go down then you have Justin Green as the slot guy
Kyle Arrington would be enormously overpaid as a 5th corner. If the Pats designated him a June 1st cut they'd save $1.2 million in 2013 and $2.2 million in 2014. I think they'd be able to put that money to better use than Arrington.

I don't really see a potential short term injury situation being a good enough reason to prolong long term cap savings.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2 min
Keep this in mind with Pats also -if it doesn't work out long-term with Revis, and he signs a big deal elsewhere, NE gets the high comp pick

win.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2 min
Keep this in mind with Pats also -if it doesn't work out long-term with Revis, and he signs a big deal elsewhere, NE gets the high comp pick

win.
They should get a 3rd for Talib next year.

I wonder what the will get from Welker last year
Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

LaConfora said on WEEI that they are probably not in the market for Peppers or Allen as of now but maybe down the road.

I hope that isnt true. I still think a true pass rusher is still our biggest need

Last edited by RWills : 03-13-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so happy.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Browns pushing to sign Edelman and if Browner leaves toda he is flying to Washington. Wasington is more desperate and probably will offer more
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Browner will come cheap most sources agree due to his suspension (I'm assuming another one and hes in trouble). But yeah Washington needs help at corner and will most likely give up more. Whats the word with DRC? Ive heard next to nothing about him.

Quote:
Quote: