Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-13-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also looking at how much Denver spent on Talib as opposed to how much we got Revis makes me a bit happier. Sure they got him long term but I'm really happy this essentially isn't going to cripple the future of this team moving forward. I doubt we see him stick around for more than one season however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I don't think so. Browner won't be available for the first few weeks and if one of the top 3 CBs go down then you have Justin Green as the slot guy
I agree. Long term savings is nice but the cap is rising each year and his Arrington's contract, while too expensive for the talent, isn't a hand cuff by any means. If Browner is signed I won't care, either way. Arrington would be CB5 and I would consider him a stud CB5. It's not my money, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Adding Nicks or Smith would be awesomeness too.
I am very happy that Nicks has garnered little attention. I'd love to see him on a prove it contract. If his talent is sapped by his persistent injuries, so be it. It should be relatively cheap to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
They should get a 3rd for Talib next year.

I wonder what the will get from Welker last year
Doubt there's any compensation for Talib with Revis being signed.

Also, Revis!!!!!!!!!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I am very happy that Nicks has garnered little attention. I'd love to see him on a prove it contract. If his talent is sapped by his persistent injuries, so be it. It should be relatively cheap to find out.
He will sign with Carolina for a 1 year 4.5 mil, thats what I am hearing
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we signed Nicks I'd be happy if thats all we accomplished in signings tbh. I know hes been wildly inconsistent the last two seasons but prior to that he was an absolute stud. Carolina is more than likely going to snag him but it would help this offense so much if we got a Nicks who was at least mildly productive in the system. Although Browner would be a nice addition as well, I just don't view it as important as a WR. Mostly because I really like Dennard and Ryan as our 2 and 3.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also really surprising we havent met with Sanders yet since we attempted to give up a second round pick for him just last season. Whats the deal with that?

And a pretty optimistic article on Revis longterm and that were nto done making moves yet.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/1...hings-to-come/

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bask in it.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Second year clause in the Revis contract, gives us the option to retain him at 7 Mil, but is deemed superfluous due to the seemingly inevitable long term extension it looks like we'll sign him to. Oh ma gawd.

Edit: looks like 7 is just the base, could end up being 20 million. But again, considered unnecessary as apparently were going to lock him up long term. Whoa.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncy-next-year/

Or short term? Some places are saying we'll restructure but this source (Didn't read all the way through) seems to suggest its a one year rental. So we still have no idea.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-13-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post

I still feel like that

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
He will sign with Carolina for a 1 year 4.5 mil, thats what I am hearing
If this is true we should be jumping all over this. Also no thank you to steve smith, exactly the same type of wr weve been bringing in these past few seasons who is well over his prime and bring us nothing we don't already have. Basically what I'm saying is we'll more than likely sign him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 11:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, did you guys hear we got Revis???

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Reiss said it looks like Steve Smith is headed to Baltimore, I don't know how imminent it is but it appears Baltimore is the favorite.

In regards to LaFell and possible interest by the Patriots he said this.
Quote:
Nothing that jumps out at you in terms of speed, but he has good size, the Panthers moved him around a lot (plenty of motion), and he aligned all over the formation (inside/outside). Often, you saw him on the inside, with the speed of Steve Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. on the outside. Pretty good hands in that MNF game against the Patriots (7 catches). LaFell also looks like a physical blocker as well, which we know the Patriots like. He'd be a solid middle-of-the-road addition, but I think the Panthers are making a competitive bid to retain him
Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Dustin Keller? I think he's the most logical target for us at the moment.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something to take notice is that the Pats workedout Jordan Trip of Montana who is ne of the top cover LB's who can play inside or out.

6'-3" 235lbs 4.67 official - 37.5" vert - 10' broad - 6.89 3-cone 3rd-5th round range
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Something to take notice is that the Pats workedout Jordan Trip of Montana who is ne of the top cover LB's who can play inside or out.

6'-3" 235lbs 4.67 official - 37.5" vert - 10' broad - 6.89 3-cone 3rd-5th round range
So we'll take him with our first or second pick?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like LaFell.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So we'll take him with our first or second pick?
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. He's not 275 LBs, lets not go crazy here.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Quote:
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
#Patriots Pro Bowl DT Vince Wilfork has asked that the team release him after 10 seasons in New England, according to sources.
Why would he do this after everything the team has doen for this and signing Revis

Coming off that injury and his age and with the league being a passing league we see Raji get only a 1 year 4 mil, what does he think he is worth?

Last edited by RWills : 03-13-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

That would save us a boatload of money.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

He just made the move a whole lot easier. $8M cap savings with a $3.6 dead according to Rotoworld. He probably figures he can get $4M somewhere and still make ~8M instead of "just" 4 or 5 from NE in a restructure.

Love the guy, but don't let the door hit you. His place in the NFL is in the past at this point.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I like LaFell.
I like him too, except he can't catch.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

What about trading Wilfork? Maybe to Pits or something for a low rounder?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Love the guy, but don't let the door hit you. His place in the NFL is in the past at this point.
I kind of feel the same way about Spikes. If Wilfork and Spikes were born 30 years earlier they'd both be HOF type players. The problem is that they're only part time players now in the NFL. There was no sense paying Vince $8 million when run specialists like Alan Branch are making 1/4 of that today.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Second year clause in the Revis contract, gives us the option to retain him at 7 Mil, but is deemed superfluous due to the seemingly inevitable long term extension it looks like we'll sign him to. Oh ma gawd.

Edit: looks like 7 is just the base, could end up being 20 million. But again, considered unnecessary as apparently were going to lock him up long term. Whoa.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncy-next-year/

Or short term? Some places are saying we'll restructure but this source (Didn't read all the way through) seems to suggest its a one year rental. So we still have no idea.
I posted the answer to this on PFT, but my comments are auto-rejected for some reason...

The answer to the question you are asking is to prevent the Patriots from being able to franchise him. It also gives NE the right to renegotiate with him first, but that is basically meaningless.

It's a 1 year deal.

At this point, I think we have to workout Louis Nix seriously, though I'd rather have Tuitt still or maybe Hageman (would prefer Tuitt).
Old 03-13-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I wouldn't mind Lafell and Avant in camp. They both bring the size presence we lack. It's pretty typical Pats off season stuff, making them both likely to be cut.

Though I must admit, I'm a big Avant fan and was in the corner of the endzone when he did this:

Old 03-13-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

This might be a bit too soon, but I just saw a really bad (funny) pun:

Quote:
They asked him to restructure and he wouldn't. I guess he thinks someone else Wilfork out the cash despite his injury.