Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
Yeah good call. If I was a head coach I would take Rodney as my D-Coordinator anyday.

Yeah Rodney is by far my favorite person I have ever met. I had a long talk with him and he was just so cool. It was at the mall and he and Rosie Colvin showed up to sign auto's and there was no one there. The people said I could only get 1 thing autographed and I had a tough decision to make because it was either my Rodney picture that I bought or my jersey. He called me over and told me he didn't care for the people running it and said he would sign both things. I thought it was awesome. we had a long talk. It was a great time.
Thats a cool story! I think he'd make a good D-coordinator too, at the very least a positional coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

romo sucks. We would have had the #20 pick if he could hold the f'n ball. Whatever, all that matters is the Jets game.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito
romo sucks. We would have had the #20 pick if he could hold the f'n ball. Whatever, all that matters is the Jets game.
Oh i know what u mean! every time i see him play he fumbles. I had no idea the seahawk's pick would be that low.

P.S DILLON TD! then banta-cain sack!

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego next week, should be great. CBS interviewed Merriman at halftime of the Pats game and it seemed like he vastly underestimates NE. He said the Jets would win today and he said he will be doing the lights out dance a few times next week.

Feed Moncrief
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Asante is hot stuff right now. I think we can pretty much accept that he isn't going to be here next season unless the pats open up their wallet a little more. I read this on the boston.com website:

Quote:
"We've talked to them about a new contract," Samuel said. "What they offered isn't even worth discussing.
If he decides to go for the huge $'s elsewhere, CB should immediately become our #1 need on draft day.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

No way. He's not gone. Franchise tag.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

damn we have to face the chargers
Old 01-08-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
damn we have to face the chargers
Yeah man, should be an awesome game. I really think Chad Jackson is gonna step it up against the chargers and make some great deep catches.

Also, does anyone think Rodney will be ready to go? he was able to walk off the field on his own and will have had 2 weeks to recuperate. I don't want him to rush it but we really need him for this game.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Rodney will be available for the game. This is going to be a BIG test for both Sanders and Hawkins as they will have to stick with Gates. Hopefully Hawkins doesn't cover the way he did on Cotcherys.

I think it is going to be the toughest test for the secondary this playoffs. Hobbs has shown that he can not handle the bigger WR's well and may have to stick with Vincent Jackson and I really think our safties may have trouble with Gates. Hopefully our D-line plays the way we did against the Jets.

I would love to see Chad have a game similar to Gaffney.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What are the chances you guys re-sign Asante Samuel? I mean he's perfect for you guys but when's the last time Belichek and Co. re-signed a big-name FA?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We will beat San Diego if we are able to contain the outside pass rush (via Merriman and Phillips) that is the surefire key to our offensive success next weekend

And on defense it is obvious that we have to stuff LT, but we cannot take there passing game lightly or it will be Rivers to Gates all day
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
I don't think Rodney will be available for the game. This is going to be a BIG test for both Sanders and Hawkins as they will have to stick with Gates. Hopefully Hawkins doesn't cover the way he did on Cotcherys.

I think it is going to be the toughest test for the secondary this playoffs. Hobbs has shown that he can not handle the bigger WR's well and may have to stick with Vincent Jackson and I really think our safties may have trouble with Gates. Hopefully our D-line plays the way we did against the Jets.

I would love to see Chad have a game similar to Gaffney.
The Chargers are going to watch the game film and see that Artrell Hawkins is one of the weaknesses of our defence. His speed is a concern to me because when he and Vrabel were chasing Cotchery, Hawkins had a good 5-10 yard head start but Vrabel almost out run him. Sanders almost made the stop at the 1 yard line but he had to come from the other side of the field. I have no doubt that Artrell can put the big hit on and his tackling is excellent, but i'm afraid they will attack him deep, especially with Gates.

Dean Pees definitely has a big job of game planning this week with LT, Antonio Gates and the deep threat of their receivers to worry about. Putting pressure on Phillip Rivers is crucial and the play of the trenches is what is going to win this game. If the D-line cant shut down the run, and rush Rivers, the pressure then gets put on our Safeties and this scares me.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9
What are the chances you guys re-sign Asante Samuel? I mean he's perfect for you guys but when's the last time Belichek and Co. re-signed a big-name FA?
I know what you are talking about nvot. Asante is having a spectacular season and this is continuing into the playoffs. Everyone is aware of the way Belichick and Pioli handle their business. The fact that they have left it this long to re-sign him is an early sign that he is just going to be another fan favorite castoff. I think the pats will try and sign him long term, or possibly use the franchise tag on him as Handle said before.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
We will beat San Diego if we are able to contain the outside pass rush (via Merriman and Phillips) that is the surefire key to our offensive success next weekend

And on defense it is obvious that we have to stuff LT, but we cannot take there passing game lightly or it will be Rivers to Gates all day
I agree that containing Merriman is one of our biggest concerns on offence. Brady will always have an eye on him, and will call the right protections to give him enough time to go through his progressions. I think they will try and keep the ball on the ground though. Our depth at running back is incredible when compared to the receiving group. A good rotation at RB will run the clock and control the game. This is another key to the success of the offence.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-09-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Pioli turned down an offer from the Giants.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you've got a better shot then people are giving you at beating San Diego. Rivers hasn't been playing well lately and their secondary is inconsistent.

Contain LT (you are not going to stop this guy) and limit Merriman's impact with double teams and I think you win this game. In fact it's my upset pick for this weekend.

Brady is a stud in the playoffs and I really think you guys can run the ball on their defense.

Good luck this weekend, I'll be pulling for you (I hate Marty with a passion).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Clash of the Titans!

Its going to be a heavyweight fight!!! I hope Cromartie comes up big against Brady and company, he hasn't picked any balls off yet........he will get chances to jump short routes, they will go alot to the short passing game knowing our rush will get to them. Florence has dropped enough picks he could have as many as Samuel (who scares me against Rivers).

I am worried about you guys stuffing LT, those 3 hogs you have in the 3-4 are SCARY: Ty Warren is underated.......and Wilfork may be the best NT not named Jamal Williams in the league!!! Everybody knows about Seymour.

I see Belichick putting it into the hands of Rivers to beat you guys, it will be interesting to see if he is up to the challenge.......he has had his struggles in the last 6 weeks.........but also come up big at the right times, and there will be opportunities against your secondary.......just like Brady will get his chances against ours.

Should be a great game, and if you guys beat us....I want you to stomp Peyton Manning or the Ravens.........both of those entities are too hyped, and need a humbling........I am confident either you guys or the #1 seed in the AFC will get it done!
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Re: Clash of the Titans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23
Its going to be a heavyweight fight!!! I hope Cromartie comes up big against Brady and company, he hasn't picked any balls off yet........he will get chances to jump short routes, they will go alot to the short passing game knowing our rush will get to them. Florence has dropped enough picks he could have as many as Samuel (who scares me against Rivers).

I am worried about you guys stuffing LT, those 3 hogs you have in the 3-4 are SCARY: Ty Warren is underated.......and Wilfork may be the best NT not named Jamal Williams in the league!!! Everybody knows about Seymour.

I see Belichick putting it into the hands of Rivers to beat you guys, it will be interesting to see if he is up to the challenge.......he has had his struggles in the last 6 weeks.........but also come up big at the right times, and there will be opportunities against your secondary.......just like Brady will get his chances against ours.

Should be a great game, and if you guys beat us....I want you to stomp Peyton Manning or the Ravens.........both of those entities are too hyped, and need a humbling........I am confident either you guys or the #1 seed in the AFC will get it done!
Agreed. We are gonna see two of the best DLs in the NFL, 3 or 4 man. Olshansky-Williams-Castilo and Seymour-Wilfork-Warren are the 2 best and youngest DLs in the NFL.

I think Cromartie will have a big game, he will make at least one big play, whether on kick return or defense.

Should be a good game, hopefully LT doesn't run loose. If we can rattle Rivers early we could come away with a W.

Feed Moncrief
Old 01-09-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Veteran

[/quote]I agree that containing Merriman is one of our biggest concerns on offence. Brady will always have an eye on him, and will call the right protections to give him enough time to go through his progressions. I think they will try and keep the ball on the ground though. Our depth at running back is incredible when compared to the receiving group. A good rotation at RB will run the clock and control the game. This is another key to the success of the offence.[/quote]

We cannot keep an extra blocker on Merriman during all his pass rushers mainly because Shaun Phillips is such a good pass rusher from the right side.....he had 11.5 sacks if i am correct
Old 01-10-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Veteran

A few leftovers from Sunday's victory over the Jets: Tight end Daniel Graham played more offensive snaps than any other skill-position player (non-quarterbacks), remaining on the field for 87.5 percent of the snaps . . . At running back, rookie Laurence Maroney handled the bulk of the second-half snaps, with 16, as Corey Dillon (5) and Kevin Faulk (5) split the remaining snaps in the final 30 minutes . . . The Patriots had three receivers on the field for 14 of their first 15 offensive snaps, then called on that positional grouping only twice the rest of the game.

Graham is not going to be allowed to walk away, he IS our best TE
Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

kinda off topic but where did you guys get your PATRIOT sigs
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Oh my god its alca....
Old 01-10-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Oh my god its alca....
:? what does that mean
Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:
Oh my god its alca....
:? what does that mean
:? i still dont know
Old 01-12-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh my god its alca....
Are you refering to Rodney Harrison's partially torn ACL? If so, theres good news on that.
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=176694
Oh...and hi by the way. I'm new to this forum. I've posted in the draft forums a few times, but never in this thread. Anyway, I'm a huge Patriots fan, and I look forward to talking some football with you all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote