Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-28-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the MRI comes back that he isnt seriously injured haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must have missed that... ugh...

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got a text message saying Braces mri brings good news

Old 08-28-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ratings#page/1

Madden 2011 ratings
I'm not buying the game but still an interesting read.
The starters are accurate (I don't think since we really don't know yet) but overall 'not bad'

Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bad is our running game?

In three pre-season games, BJGE has 59 yards on 23 carries (2.6 ypc)

Maroney has 30 yards on 8 carries (all against NO). That includes a 13 yard run, so basically half of those yards came on one play. 7 carries netting 17 yards is 2.4 yards per carry. If you include that big run, he manages to get 3.75 yards per carry.

Fred Taylor only saw action in the Atlanta game, but did manage 54 yards on 11 carries. (5 ypc) Atlanta isn't a very good run defense team really.

Sammy Morris had 52 yards on 6 carries in Atlanta (8.7 yards per carry) against a pretty bad run defense in the Falcons, but only managed 12 yards on 5 carries in St Louis (2.4 yards per carry)

Kevin Faulk hasn't seen enough carries to care. He's been solid in the passing game though. (3 carries for 16 yards = 5.3 ypc)

The blocking has been great on the goal line otherwise, the running game wouldn't be getting anything. The NFL average for any season is around 4 ypc.

This has to be the leagues worst running back group. 5 backs behind a very good OL and the only good performances come against a bad run defense in Atlanta?

I hate to say it, but I have to wonder why we didn't put in more interest in a guy like Larry Johnson.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It didnt look bad against the saints despite the stats, but yeah we did nothing against the rams. Maybe its because we just came out operating in the shotgun? ehh idk, if Taylor can stay healthy I could see him doing well, Morris always does decent until he gets injured every year. Maroney is Maroney, and BJGE isnt going to dance around but isnt starting material. It isnt much but it can work, so long as we are dedicated to do it more. I mean outside of the 2004 dillion year, we never had an amazing running game this decade. Wouldnt be surprised to take a RB early in the draft next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, we run the type of offense that uses the pass to open up the run. As such, our Oline is not asked to be the mauling, road-grater types and that always has an impact on a group's mentality. Ask them to stand back and run block all the time and the smashmouth attitude required to hammer the ball like the Ravens or Jets doesn't come flourish.

That's not to say we don't need a long term RB solution. It's just that the RBs we have are not entirely to blame.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Under 3 yards per carry is embarrassing, regardless of offense.

The OL and TEs (especially Gronkowski) are doing a great job of being athletic and getting to the second level to block out LBs. BJGE runs into the backs of his blockers though. Maroney can't make his mind up. Taylor and Faulk are very good runners who are getting too much age on them. Morris is a pretty big injury risk, but is effective when he's in the game.

I almost wish they would package a 1st round pick for Steven Jackson or something. Maybe a second rounder. I'd gladly give up both first rounders for Jackson and Chris Long...
Old 08-30-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Under 3 yards per carry is embarrassing, regardless of offense.

The OL and TEs (especially Gronkowski) are doing a great job of being athletic and getting to the second level to block out LBs. BJGE runs into the backs of his blockers though. Maroney can't make his mind up. Taylor and Faulk are very good runners who are getting too much age on them. Morris is a pretty big injury risk, but is effective when he's in the game.

I almost wish they would package a 1st round pick for Steven Jackson or something. Maybe a second rounder. I'd gladly give up both first rounders for Jackson and Chris Long...
Throwing in Chris Long would be worth it to me but i doubt the Rams are looking to get rid of two of their better players for picks.

As for the running game it is what it is, if they can move the ball through the air and can get 3 yds in short yardage then they'll be fine. The other side of the ball is the trouble area.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You kind of have to ignore the stats when it comes to running the ball with this team. Sure, they might have a few games where they're just ON and light it up running the ball, but they really just use it as a utility to supplement the passing game.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's preseason. Nuff said. No gameplanning individual or team goes into this. All you can really look into pre season in my opinion is individual performances.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, and the indivisual performances of our RBs is lackluster.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

today was one of the cut down days.... havent seen who has gotten cut yet. does anyone know?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao brandon spikes apparently has a sex tape

Old 08-31-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
lmao brandon spikes apparently has a sex tape
Yeah I saw that on barstool haha, it said it wasn't him but apparently his agent has been supporting him saying it was him and he is sorry. Too funny.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Leigh Bodden is out for the year....

Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
today was one of the cut down days.... havent seen who has gotten cut yet. does anyone know?
In addition to Bodden, the Patriots placed defensive lineman Darryl Richard (foot) and safeties Bret Lockett (chest) and Josh Barrett on season-ending injured reserve.

The team also waived rookie cornerback Terrence Johnson.

The moves helped the Patriots get down to the league-mandated 75-man limit.

---http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5517497

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leigh Bodden is out for the year....
Well that's wonderful. He didn't look good in preseason but it still sucks regardless.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ouch. How does a Butler/McCourty tandem sound? Growing pains.
I think this means we keep both Whilhite and Wheatley.
Losing Richards sucks too. Our depth was sketchy from tje get go.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I wonder if Kaczur makes it back to the 53 man roster or goes to IR. . . our depth this year could be awful.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are in trouble heading into the season with guys already out. We had terrible depth to begin with and now we're one injury away from pulling guys off the street later in the season.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep I gotta be honest Im worrying big time now. If we lose one more guy on the defensive line we are gonna be really stretched. If either Butler or McCourty get hurt that means Wilhite will be back starting and that just sucks big time

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
We are in trouble heading into the season with guys already out. We had terrible depth to begin with and now we're one injury away from pulling guys off the street later in the season.
Which is still better than the jets are, because it looks like they need to pull guys off the street already.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earthwind Moreland FTW!
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Which is still better than the jets are, because it looks like they need to pull guys off the street already.
I'm not overly concerned about the division, though. Beating the top teams in the conference is another story altogether.