Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even know about McGowan or Page, wow. He has starting experience and some nice tools to work with and with McGowan out I like that move.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a great move by BB, but I'm still curious to find out what he cost us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a great special teams player, and can pull off the McGowan role pretty well.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still wondering why we traded for Tracy White . . .
Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5540944

here we go

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, can we please start shelling out some ******* money to our big guys now? Why can every other team just throw around as much money as they want and sign guys, and we cant even get a deal done with one (besides Wilfork). Brady should of been signed to a huuuuge contract months ago, the guy has been so underpaid. Pay Mankins, pay Brady, pay Moss, ugh im frustrated haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. I look at the Jets (Revis, Mangold, DBrick) and all their off-season acquisitions and wonder why we can only manage to sign Wilfork.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because the Jets only have a few players worth paying and have put all their eggs in one basket. The Patriots need to worry about Brady, Mankins, Moss, Welker, Mayo, Merriweather etc. They are building for the future while competing now. The Jets are building for now

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady's deal with NE is imminent.

Reports are saying a 3-year $58 mill contract, but I'm not sure if it's an extension of his current contract which would lock him up through 2014. Great news anyways.

EDIT: In other news:
Mike Reiss is reporting that McKenzie cleared waivers and is now on the Patriots practice squad. Good for him and us, maybe he's still got a chance then.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 09-07-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news. Now all they need is to get Moss resigned and get a first round pick for Mankins.

That way this time next year you could have deals for Brady, Moss, Welker, the TEs, Vollmer etc then in the draft pick up Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward and Julio Jones in the first, Jacquizz Rodgers and Kris O'Dowd in the second. It's that easy.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, that actually isnt a bad contract for either side, now go get Mankins and Moss taken care of.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward and Julio Jones in the first, Jacquizz Rodgers and Kris O'Dowd in the second. It's that easy.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew that would be nasty

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Moss signed!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Get Moss signed!
Hell yeah!

Quote:
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Great news. Now all they need is to get Moss resigned and get a first round pick for Mankins.

That way this time next year you could have deals for Brady, Moss, Welker, the TEs, Vollmer etc then in the draft pick up Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward and Julio Jones in the first, Jacquizz Rodgers and Kris O'Dowd in the second. It's that easy.
i think i would splooge in my pants lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry to tell Moss, but there is no way I pay him. He's one of my favorite players and I still think he is the best WR of all time (or at the very least, a close second). But I'm not giving a dime to a 34 year old WR.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Not to bust any bubbles but...

Quote:
Ron Borges and Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald report that it's a three-year, $58 million extension.
This is the same Ron Borges that said:
Quote:
“On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.”
I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

That quote is pure gold.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Sigged....

Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm sorry to tell Moss, but there is no way I pay him. He's one of my favorite players and I still think he is the best WR of all time (or at the very least, a close second). But I'm not giving a dime to a 34 year old WR.
I'd pay him just to prove him wrong. The guy dogs it so hard, he's preserved his body... He can play another 3-4 years.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I would pay him, if he was willing to take an incentive laden deal instead of a big guranteed deal. He has been nothing short of the perfect teammate in NE. Even when Brady went down, even when playing through a separated shoulder for most of last year etc. Plain and simple he hasn't been the lockerroom cancer most thought he would have been and he is the one who the offense goes through. Without defenses doubling him every single play then Welker doesn't get as much room. Give him a 2 year deal with targets to hit

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

We should keep Moss (almost) no matter the cost. Imo he's still the best receiver in the game, and without him our offense would be very average. Sign him for another three years and draft a young stud receiver who will eventually take over for him (enter AJ Green).

Quote:
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
We should keep Moss (almost) no matter the cost. Imo he's still the best receiver in the game, and without him our offense would be very average. Sign him for another three years and draft a young stud receiver who will eventually take over for him (enter AJ Green).
I think that is the ideal situation as well, but we will have a ton of receivers if we do that. It is definitely logical and doable; but that would give us Moss, a high pick rookie, Welker, Edelman, Tate, and Price. I would love to see us pick an AJ Green type of player, but I think we will re-sign Moss and stick with what we have at WR. We just drafted those two young TE's as well and Hernandez figures to be a big part of the passing game.

I have been wanting for us to look at a future #1 wideout in the upcoming draft for a while, but I think the most likely and logical thing to do would to be to look at our more pressing needs at OL, DL, OLB, and RB. Then again we haven't even started the season and the draft is a long ways away, so a lot could change.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think that is the ideal situation as well, but we will have a ton of receivers if we do that. It is definitely logical and doable; but that would give us Moss, a high pick rookie, Welker, Edelman, Tate, and Price. I would love to see us pick an AJ Green type of player, but I think we will re-sign Moss and stick with what we have at WR. We just drafted those two young TE's as well and Hernandez figures to be a big part of the passing game.

I have been wanting for us to look at a future #1 wideout in the upcoming draft for a while, but I think the most likely and logical thing to do would to be to look at our more pressing needs at OL, DL, OLB, and RB. Then again we haven't even started the season and the draft is a long ways away, so a lot could change.
I completely agree with this. I don't think we'll draft a top WR next year because of the young guys we have. It would, however, be smart to do so when you have QB like Tom Brady. However, BB will most likely look to upgrade the lines and OLB in the coming draft and maybe (but likely) at RB. I have no illusions of BB drafting a top WR, but I'm hoping for it anyways.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I was watching mohegan (spelling?) sun late night last night and the two idiots that run that show were just ripping Moss and saying how there is no way we shouldnt resign him he isnt worth it blah blah blah. I think in the end we will offer him a contract but hell end up going to a team who pays him more, unless we offer him an extension now while we can.

Quote:
Quote: