Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only people who have ever wanted him to fail don't have friendly ties with the New England Patriots. The only people that wanted him to succeed for awhile were the Patriots and the New England fans.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I know. I was watching them thinking "this is just a far more athletic version of the 2002-2005 defenses". Spikes and Guyton platoon at that ILB spot perfectly. The pass rush wasn't great, but I wasn't terribly disappointed with it either...Palmer was getting rid of the ball very quickly, and they couldn't afford to blitz.
We disguised things really well today. The Guyton pick six was a good example of that. Really felt like we had more of a gameplan today. Remains to be seen how it all turns out, but still, it's encouraging. One of the great mysteries of the Patriots post-Crennel has been just how big a role Dean Pees had. We really did not play the same style of football with him here. The whole thing is really weird.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James Sanders had a bad game. They never got Butler the help he needed, but I think everyone else played really well. Considering the Bengals are one of the better teams offensively and defensively in the NFL, I'll take that win all day long.

Offense is just too sharp... Amazing.
Sanders was the other Safety (Chung and Sanders) in the base packages I was told (I couldn't pay that close of attention). Meriweather was relegated to sub packages...

Wonder what that is about.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Sanders was the other Safety (Chung and Sanders) in the base packages I was told (I couldn't pay that close of attention). Meriweather was relegated to sub packages...

Wonder what that is about.
To make sure he stays healthy for right now? I know he was mentioned on the injury report. Meriweather is a beast, Sanders...not so much. We could use Meriweather in, I love the way he flies around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably a combination of needing a bigger DB on Gresham and Meriweather maybe nursing an injury. They miss McGowan already.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We disguised things really well today. The Guyton pick six was a good example of that. Really felt like we had more of a gameplan today. Remains to be seen how it all turns out, but still, it's encouraging. One of the great mysteries of the Patriots post-Crennel has been just how big a role Dean Pees had. We really did not play the same style of football with him here. The whole thing is really weird.
I agree on the Pees thing. He ran a vanilla defense, and it just didn't work. The reason the defense was so successful under Romeo is because he disguised everything, moved guys around to weird spots, and did everything in his power to confuse the QB/OC every play.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So we got a deal done with Mankins, and then asked him to publicly apologize for his previous statements and then he got offended and turned down the deal. This guy has the sensitivity level of a high school cheer leader.
WTF? This has gotten out of hand on both sides. Asking a guy to publicly apologize is pretty damn childish in itself. It should be pretty obvious to anyone with an opinion that matters that the player ran his mouth foolishly if he then signs a deal.

Quote:
It's amazing how much of a difference a little aggression makes. This D looked like a classic BB style D where pressure matters more than sacks.

Also, a tip of the cap to TBC, who played very well against the run.

I love it when I get to watch a Pats game and just sit there with a rather stunned (and smug) grin, muttering "wow" over and over.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not work safe, but amusing.

Tom Brady Crash 911 (fake, obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeq2_Of3cHU

Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read the transcript from Moss' post-game rant

"If I get a contract offer next off season (and not one during the season) then it'll be like a slap in the face"

Sooooo... if we don't give him a contract extension offer during the season then he's pretty much gone

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marques Murrell was released in preparation for Quinn Ojinnaka's return.

Apparently the Patriots brilliant strategy to fix the OLB problem is...

Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that was more a casualty of offensive linemen depth than anything else. I like Murrell, hopefully he gets to the practice squad or catches on with another team. Hopefully means good things about Jermaine Cunningham, who we were supposed to see yesterday but didn't.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that was more a casualty of offensive linemen depth than anything else. I like Murrell, hopefully he gets to the practice squad or catches on with another team. Hopefully means good things about Jermaine Cunningham, who we were supposed to see yesterday but didn't.
actually i noticed him on the field for a few plays

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Must of missed him then. Hopefully he gets in more the next game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Something I just saw reminded me of two things: we have two bad teams high picks (the Raiders 1st and the Panthers 2nd).

Both teams lost and both looked inept yesterday. The Giants raped the Panthers and good players on that team looked atrocious. The Raiders looked like the Raiders of old against the Titans (who basically run the ball).

If they both play like that the rest of the year, we should net a top 10 pick and two more top 40 picks.

3 picks in the top 40... seriously where are we going to stick all of the second rounders we get from trading down.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Probably trade down some more. Anybody want to talk pass rushers? Or is it too early. I'm not big on Von Miller in our scheme for some reason. Have loved guys like him before(Everette Brown, Jerry Hughes), but some things about Miller scare me a bit. I really like Ryan Kerrigan with our first round pick or one of our seconds in the early goings though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'd love the Prince of Blades in New England!

I like Miller, but not so much in the Patriots' 3-4 and not so much in the first round for the Pats. We'll have to see how the prospects shake out because it's pretty unobvious right now.

However, I'm loving the increasing possibility of Marcel Darius in New England!

How many years does Ochocinco have left on his contract? I know he wants to play in New England for Belichick...if Moss continues to go down the road he's paving, I'd love for them to find a way to get Chad. And I'm kind of waiting for Chad to say something about Randy...I know how much Chad loves Belichick and would kill to be in Moss's shoes... He'll say something at some point, I don't think he can resist.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I know this will shock people, but I wouldn't touch Miller because he'll go in the first few rounds and I see a lacking pass rush repertoire (his speed rush is outstanding, his bull rush is weak, his spin is good, his rip and swim are non-existent from what I've seen) and a very lacking ability against the run.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't know what it is about him. I've watched him a few times, but not discerningly as of yet. Hard to get A&M games here. Maybe it is the lack of pass rush moves, but something is offputting about him. I'll have to look at it some more. The way it stands according to Scott's mock, I would much prefer Baldwin in that spot.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is a lot of depth at DE in this draft. i expect that patriots to take one of the studs in the first or second

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Something I just saw reminded me of two things: we have two bad teams high picks (the Raiders 1st and the Panthers 2nd).

Both teams lost and both looked inept yesterday. The Giants raped the Panthers and good players on that team looked atrocious. The Raiders looked like the Raiders of old against the Titans (who basically run the ball).

If they both play like that the rest of the year, we should net a top 10 pick and two more top 40 picks.

3 picks in the top 40... seriously where are we going to stick all of the second rounders we get from trading down.
And we haven't even traded Mankins yet! :) Marcel Dareus or Cameron Heyward would both be great picks, but thinking more of Robert Quinn. I'd love for us to have a chance of drafting him.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only pass rusher that I really like next year is Quinn. I'd much rather go Cameron Heyward or one of the WRs early, an interior O-lineman at the end of the first then get someone like Sam Acho or Jack Crawford in the second. That is assuming Quinn is gone before we pick

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The correct answer to those questions of which interior DL is Adrian Clayborn. The guy is unblockable at the end position but he goes against guards and tackles now anyways. He's constantly in the backfield. He will be unbelievable in the NFL.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
How many years does Ochocinco have left on his contract? I know he wants to play in New England for Belichick...if Moss continues to go down the road he's paving, I'd love for them to find a way to get Chad. And I'm kind of waiting for Chad to say something about Randy...I know how much Chad loves Belichick and would kill to be in Moss's shoes... He'll say something at some point, I don't think he can resist.
Chad has a club option in his contract for the 2011 season. If the Bengals don't pick it up he'll be in NE.

But I don't see them letting him go b/c they'd have to pay him 3.5M to walk vs. 6M to stay. Essentially, they would have to decide that Chad isn't worth $2.5 million and I see no way that is a smart decision.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurence Maroney shipped to Denver according to sources..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yesssss finally this guy was too much of a dancer in the backfield!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote