Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Laurence Maroney shipped to Denver according to sources..
Disappointment, I thought after his rookie year he would end up being one of the best backs in the NFL. Lots of talent but that's really it, hated his attitude and to tell you the truth I'm glad he's gone. He can go ***** about his Madden speed rating and pound his chest after a 4th quarter pre-season TD for McDaniels all he wants.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good.......
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious as to what we got for the guy, a high five?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A fourth and we gave them our sixth.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-14-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why? Fred Taylor and Morris never play a full season.
That'll eventually leave Faulk and BJGE to lead the rushing attack

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Why? Fred Taylor and Morris never play a full season.
That'll eventually leave Faulk and BJGE to lead the rushing attack
Pretty much... Can't say I'm sad to see him go, but we already have serious issues with our backfield. This doesn't exactly help. At least we got something for him, he would've been a FA in march and I don't think we would have kept him. It looks like BB is going into full rebuild mode with the running game. Hi Mark Ingram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I head Josh McDaniels wanted to give us a 3rd round pick, but Bill didn't feel comfortable stealing from them that badly.

We basically just got a 4th round pick for a 1 year rental back and a 6th who wasn't that good...
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd take BJGE over Maroney any day now, Taylor is oft injured but he has looked very good. It got to the point where I'd take anything for Maroney, he is talented but I hated his attitude. He always had something to say to the media, much like Ellis Hobbs, about how everyone was doubting him and he was out to prove everyone wrong. Well, he never did so get the **** out of here. He had promise but he didn't have the right mindset and couldn't stay healthy, you can't really control injuries but what bothered me was his attitude and his dancing in the backfield. Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is interesting to see what the Pats will address next year in the draft with 2 picks in the first... runningback for sure with one and probably WR with the other?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
It is interesting to see what the Pats will address next year in the draft with 2 picks in the first... runningback for sure with one and probably WR with the other?
IF moss leaves. DE, OLB, OL will be target areas for sure as well. hopefully anyway lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any update on whats going on with Logan Mankins? I really want the Raiders to work out a deal for him

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last update was Mankins appologized to the Krafts for his comments and may or may not have received an increased offer from the team, but seemed to have flat rejected it.

Right now, Mankins is acting like he never wants to play for NE again. I hope he is traded before week 6. If he signs before week 10, he can get his year of football in, but the Patriots will probably d*** him in the a** for it by franchising him and force him to work out a trade.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Any update on whats going on with Logan Mankins? I really want the Raiders to work out a deal for him
maybe you guys will fork over another first round pick for him? ;)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I want the raiders to trade for him too ;)

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just having a think about the change in recent years in the philosophy used by the front office in how to bring the team forward, especially on defense. In the past BB used to always bring in seasoned veterans to take over important roles. Think Vrabel, Harrison, Seau etc. However now it seems that they are actively taking a new approach of getting younger and faster through the draft and trusting younger players for taking on bigger roles.

The base defense against the Bengals was

Warren, Wilfork, Wright
TBC, Spikes, Mayo, Ninkovich
Butler, Chung, Sanders, McCourty

Only Gerard Warren and Rob Ninkovich were not drafted by Belichick, and if Ty Warren was healthy Gerard Warren wouldn't start and the team obviously are hoping for development from Jermaine Cunningham so he could replace Ninkovich.

Plus on sub packages, Myron Pryor, Ron Brace, Gary Guyton, Brandon Merriweather, Jonathon Wilhite etc all saw extended playing time.

Very few, if any, teams could boast such a strong squad of drafted players on any side of the ball. In two years this defense should be among the league's best assuming the younger players continue to develop.

The reason I bring this up is because in the last 4 years BB has actively gone after big name free agents and trades on the offensive side of the ball(Moss, Welker, Taylor, Crumpler etc). By having such a dominant offense it has allowed the defense to gel and get better while also being competitive. Most teams completely rebuilding their defense like the Pats did would have no chance of making playoffs, let alone being one of the favourites for the Superbowl.

Personally, I don't believe there is any team in the NFL that is run even close to as well as the Patriots. Is the Dynasty over? No, because no team can match what they do personnel wise.

In 2007 the offense was record setting however the defense gave up too many big plays, especially in the defensive backfield. Now, the offense is still among the league's best and the secondary is now a strong point.

In the next two years I fully expect a major emphasis on the offensive side of the ball during the draft. Rb, WR, O-line are all positions that can be addressed.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 09-16-2010 at 08:03 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The Patriots need (in a not terribly specific order):
RB
OLB
34 DE
RG/C
#1 WR (they take time to develop, so even if Moss leaves)
RT
C/RG

with 4 top 64 picks and maybe more if Mankins is traded (or one fewer need), this team could be young and talented for a long time to come.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming Revis can play and is covering Moss, what do you guys think the chances are that we see Brandon Tate light up the box score? He was one of my favorite draft prospects and this looks like a great opportunity for him.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well he made a huge play last week with that return TD, he is a guy Pats fans have been really excited about since we took him. We are pretty crowded at WR, but I think Tate is really going to start getting his chances. He is an explosive guy who could really be a gamebreaker for us, he is a guy who I could see having a big game for us against the Jets.

But Moss will probably have 2 TD's and make Revis look like Rex Ryan, cocky and arrogant. Respect your elders Revis.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-16-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure that Revis once again will have some help over the top when covering Moss. It was obvious that Revis had help last year, he'll get some again.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hate that prick, I just want to see him get crisped. I think Randy will score at least once too because there is no way he is taking Revis' comments well. Mark it down.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly hope Randy smokes him. From his comments, he's defiantly not happy about the way things have gone on Revis Island the past few years. Hopefully he gets up for this game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Well he made a huge play last week with that return TD, he is a guy Pats fans have been really excited about since we took him. We are pretty crowded at WR, but I think Tate is really going to start getting his chances. He is an explosive guy who could really be a gamebreaker for us, he is a guy who I could see having a big game for us against the Jets.

But Moss will probably have 2 TD's and make Revis look like Rex Ryan, cocky and arrogant. Respect your elders Revis.
Should be fun watching Cromartie try to cover Tate.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Should be fun watching Cromartie try to cover Tate.
That was my thought exactly.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Am I the only only thinking about Full Metal Jacket when reading this?
Quote:
– The Jets committed a ridiculous 14 penalties in season-opening loss to the Ravens, which was too many. So Rex Ryan has a plan. As Ron wrote, “Every time they committed a penalty during practice he made the 10 players who didn’t commit it do pushups or up/downs in a circle while the miscreant stood in the middle counting them out.”

Ryan explained, “(We) want to let them know ‘Hey, you’re letting your teammates down.’ ”
Only a matter of time before Kyle Wilson kills everybody on the team I guess... Well, maybe just Rex...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...ked/#more-8829

Quote:

Last edited by Razor : 09-17-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Thats actually pretty awesome....... **** Rex Ryan. (Couldnt say something nice about the Jets)

Quote:
Quote: