Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default And the Oakland Raider's sign....

Former Viking/Raven Travis Taylor. I new we weren't sure whose was going to be our 2nd or 3rd. I wanted Keyshane Johnson, but the upside with Taylor is he's younger and more durible.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10192715

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is great news, we signed him for the league minimum and he was productive last year. And hopefully this means we will finally cut Whitted.

Porter
Curry
BMW
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Gabriel
Taylor
Morant
Francis

Whitted
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone noticed in that article but we also signed a RB. Probably won't last through training camp, but what caught my eye is that he had 62 receptions last season which is quite a bit for a college RB.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I found this tidbit very interesting

Quote:
He is expected to compete for playing time behind Porter and Curry amongst a crowded receiving corps that includes Doug Gabriel, Alvis Whitted, Johnnie Morant, Carlos Francis and Johnathan Holland.
What name is missing from that list? hmmm
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post

The guy that is injured perhaps? What are you doing here? Do you actually have anything productive to add?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post

Ya, Johnny Lee Higgins.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's Talking about Mike Williams, but the list leaves off many WRs on the current roster, it's not like that person had personal insight into our final roster. Mike Williams will def. have competition for playing time with Taylor and Curry being established players in the league. Does that mean we're going to cut a guy because he's not mentioned in an article? No. I think Taylor was a great addition, and statistically he's our most "proven" receiver. I'm interested to see the final outcome, if Williams does get cut, no biggie, we spent a 4th rounder on him that we got from a trade, so no loss really. Same with Taylor, we paid him the vets min. and gave no gauranteed money. We've played this offseason really smart, we have a lot of guys that we got for cheap that still have major potential to make an impact in this league.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
He's Talking about Mike Williams
Ya, that went without saying. I was making the point that the list leaves off other receivers, such as JLH. his feeble attempt to gloat fell far short of his intended target.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

want to use cred and rep please.

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Sharp21

Hopefully Whitted is gone. I was hoping Will Buchanon could make the team but it looks like thats not probable at this point.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now we have a lot of quality WR's and some other guys with the potential to be good so it will be intersting to see who makes the cut. How many WR's do you guys think will be on our active roster at the start of the season?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Right now we have a lot of quality WR's and some other guys with the potential to be good so it will be intersting to see who makes the cut. How many WR's do you guys think will be on our active roster at the start of the season?
Im guessing it would be 6.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wasn't attempting to gloat at all. Sorry you guys took it that way

I also realize that if Mike Williams ends up washing out with you, it's no big loss, especially since McCown looks like he will start for at least a while and the fourth-rounder you gave up will prove to be decent value.

I guess I was just trying to stimulate conversation on the Oakland viewpoint of Williams, I probably should have realized there's nothing to have a viewpoint on yet since he strained his uterus (sorry, cheap shot, my bad) in the first practice.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as stated in an article, before he was injured in practice he was showing off his hands pretty well, a hamstring is nothing if you don't rush it and theses things happen, Curry has pulled his now as well. Williams will have ample time to prove what he needs to, it's possible he may win the #2 spot if he works hard enough for Kiffin. He's definitely got some competition w/ the Taylor addition as they both are flankers though.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah, this is nothing to worry about. better now then later.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

he'll have to fight for a job in oakland.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are the chances we go into a
Spread Offense...just for JR? lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

IMO he'll make the cut, Alvis Whitted sucks the big one. Taylor has proven he can do some damage.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I think Whitted is gone now that we have Higgins.A young speedster who can catch.That beats Whitted whos a track star and cant catch.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

The only thing I'm worried about is isn't Whitted one of Al's pets? If he is he's not gonna get rid of him.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 06-01-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Im saying Higgins is a better overall reciever is faster and younger.Regardless of wether or not Whitted is one of Als favorites I think he gets cut.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

I hope Whitted gets cut, but I have the same suspicion that portermvp has. For some reason unknown to me Big Al keeps guys like him around.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

He did he kept James Jett and Tim Brown there since the dinosaurs have been around. And he will do the same with Whitted probably until he retires.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderDude

Oakland will keep 6 WR's

Porter
Curry
BMW
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Taylor

I see Holland going to the practice squad

The 6th spot will be between Gabriel or Morant

My money says its Gabriel
Old 06-04-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

hopefully Gabriel. Morant can get open catch get yac well but then fumbles the ball.