Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Atlanta Hawks

I'm obviously the biggest Hawks fan on the boards but anyone else here like them. They have the 3rd and 11th picks in the upcoming draft if anyone cares. Will be a nice chance to pick up a franchise PG and Big man.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a fan of the Hawks but they are definitely poised to have a solid young nucleus down there with the 3rd and 11th picks in this draft. The question is who do they select at those spots? I mean I feel Conley Jr. is the better point guard out there but is he a reach at 3? But with the 11th pick I would like to see them select an Al Thorton out of Florida State because he could form a nice duo with a Sheldon Williams on the inside for the Hawks.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they take Noah 3rd, I will lose all faith in Billy Knight if I already haven't.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They probably wouldn't pick Conley at 3, possibly 11, but I see them chosing Jeff Green, Yi Jianlian, or Al Horford assuming the big 2 are already taken. The Hawks definently need a PG and a big man.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yi Jianlin and Conley ftw, If Conley is gone look for the hometown Javaris Crittenton.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
They probably wouldn't pick Conley at 3, possibly 11, but I see them chosing Jeff Green, Yi Jianlian, or Al Horford assuming the big 2 are already taken. The Hawks definently need a PG and a big man.
Jeff Green is my favorite player in the draft but he is another 3/4, same as Josh Smith and Marvin. At 3 I am hoping they take Yi like Charm said and I do want Crittenton at 11. I wouldn't mind Brandan Wright either or Horford mildly. As long as they don't take Noah at #3 or 11 I am fine with their picks.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Jeff Green is my favorite player in the draft but he is another 3/4, same as Josh Smith and Marvin. At 3 I am hoping they take Yi like Charm said and I do want Crittenton at 11. I wouldn't mind Brandan Wright either or Horford mildly. As long as they don't take Noah at #3 or 11 I am fine with their picks.
Yea, I was thinking Crittenton at 11 too, especially since he went to GT. Jeff Green could play PF as he has the skills and height. Yi would be a great pickup, and he could turn around a franchise much like Yao did, except maybe even more so than Yao.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Yea, I was thinking Crittenton at 11 too, especially since he went to GT. Jeff Green could play PF as he has the skills and height. Yi would be a great pickup, and he could turn around a franchise much like Yao did, except maybe even more so than Yao.
Yeah but thing is Josh Smith is a rising Allstar at the 4, and Marvin is pretty much locked in at the 3. I love Jeffy no doubt but he would be relegated to a bench role, or Marvin would but after passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul for him, he better do something. Or maybe trade 3 and 11 for #1 and Jarrett Jack, so we could get Jack and Oden instead of say Brandan Wright and Crittenton.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah but thing is Josh Smith is a rising Allstar at the 4, and Marvin is pretty much locked in at the 3. I love Jeffy no doubt but he would be relegated to a bench role, or Marvin would but after passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul for him, he better do something. Or maybe trade 3 and 11 for #1 and Jarrett Jack, so we could get Jack and Oden instead of say Brandan Wright and Crittenton.
That would be a pretty good trade, and Portland could take it as they already have Aldridge, which is why I don't see them picking up Oden because they're similar players and they could use someone like Jeff Green. I really like Jarrett Jack, and I think he offers about the same as Crittenton, especially since he's been in the league two years already. I don't think they'd give up Jarrett Jack in that deal though, he's ready to have a breakthrough year next year, and it'd probably take someone like Josh Childress or Salim Stoudamire to complete.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would LOVE Al Thornton at 11, if he's there. At #3 I think we should get the big Asian, unless we traded up to get Oden somehow...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about AC Law?!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Quote:
That would be a pretty good trade, and Portland could take it as they already have Aldridge, which is why I don't see them picking up Oden because they're similar players and they could use someone like Jeff Green. I really like Jarrett Jack, and I think he offers about the same as Crittenton, especially since he's been in the league two years already. I don't think they'd give up Jarrett Jack in that deal though, he's ready to have a breakthrough year next year, and it'd probably take someone like Josh Childress or Salim Stoudamire to complete.

wow, this would be a great trade for the Hawks but i just dont ever see Portland giving up the chance to get Oden.. He would be an amazing fi there

C- Oden
PF- Randolph
SF- Roy
SG- Webster
PG- Jack

thats a great lineup
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao Bella View Post
wow, this would be a great trade for the Hawks but i just dont ever see Portland giving up the chance to get Oden.. He would be an amazing fi there

C- Oden
PF- Randolph
SF- Roy
SG- Webster
PG- Jack

thats a great lineup
So wat happens to Aldridge?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they take Noah 3rd, I will lose all faith in Billy Knight if I already haven't.

Wow, you still have faith in billy knight? I lost that years ago
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Quote:
So wat happens to Aldridge?
He wont start ahead or Zach Randolph.. but i could see him starting instead of Oden for a while untill Oden gets used to the NBA. But Oden would be a defense force in the paint so i see him starting from day 1
Old 05-24-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Wow, you still have faith in billy knight? I lost that years ago
He grabbed Josh Smith at the 17th pick so that's enough for me to keep faith in him. Josh Smith will be a top 10 NBA player in 3 years time.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm... we have a solid core with this:

C = Pachulia (upgradable)
PF - Smooth/S-Will
SF - M-Will/J-Chill
SG - Johnson/Stoudamire
PG - Claxton/Lue (upgradable)

I would try and get a top C and a top PG if possible. maybe somethign like this:
3 - PG Mike Conley or C Yi Jianlian
11 - C/PF Joakim Noah or PG Javaris Crittendon

now I know some people don't like Noah. I think he is a good player though and if he wasn't the focal point of an offense then he would have been better. in Atlanta he could be good if we ran more of a press and fast break type thing.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of you guys can probaly answer this for me, what's going on with Salim? I was a huge fan of him and college, and I haven't heard his name at all in ATL.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
One of you guys can probaly answer this for me, what's going on with Salim? I was a huge fan of him and college, and I haven't heard his name at all in ATL.
He is in a point guards body but doesn't have point guard skills. He can shoot no doubt but is undersized on defense and is not good running the team. But with the way he scored at the end of the year he deserves an increased role, when he's hot he can roll on 30+ points, he just lacks any sort of consistency and is a defensive liability and his play can be out of control and erratic at times.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would be absolutely furious if we take Joakim Noah.. anywhere in the draft. I'd much rather have Brandan Wright as he's the better player with a higher ceiling... and I don't want him because we don't need someone like him. PG is a need so I'll take Conley, but if we don't get him, I'd rather have Acie Law than Crittenton.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Getting the 11th pick for Al Harrington was tremendous. He would have left for free agency anyways so it was brilliant working the sign in trade deal. I didn't like him anyways, he was a ballhog and holding back Josh Smith.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed. now, Kobe is possibly available... should we go after him? say #11, J-Chill, and Sheldon Williams for Kobe?

I wish... hmm... Joe Johnson, #11, and J-Chill for Kobe?

it would make our team look like this if we went out and got Conley in the draft at 3...

C = Zaza Pachulia/Solomon Jones
PF = Josh Smith/Sheldon Williams
SF = Marvin Williams/Slava Medvenko
SG = Kobe Bryant/Salim Stoudamire
PG = Mike Conley/Speedy Calxton/Tyronn Lue

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Oh my gosh latest rumor is Josh Smith and #3 for Aldridge and Jack someone shoot Billy Knight. Smith is worth 2 Aldridge's or atleast 1 Aldridge so you are saying Jack is worth the 3rd pick wtf, even if it was Marvin and #3 for Aldridge and Jack I would have trouble, but what more Smith?

Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i completely doubt that will happen. as in any sport this is just one of many rumors that wont happen.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i completely doubt that will happen. as in any sport this is just one of many rumors that wont happen.
We are the Hawks bro, I can only hope so but with Billy Knight never doubt his stupidity. If we just drafted right, we would be an elite team in the east.