Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope we don't trade Smith, he's a baller.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do Smith for Aldridge and Jack. but no #3. maybe #3 for Aldridge and JAck straight up. but no smith. that we we go Aldridge, Smith, Marvin, Johnson and Jack as our lineup.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think our chances of drafting that big 7ft Asian guy is? Will that be a direction we look?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That'll be such a bad trade... if we've actually offered that, the Blazers should have done it in a heart beat. Then they could take Oden and Connely while adding Josh Smith. Wow. I'd be a Blazers fan, then. :P

I'm not sure where we go at #3, but whoever we take is (pretty much) a reach or doesn't fill a need. Since we've got a pick at #11, though, I wouldn't mind us taking BPA with no C worth taking and then taking a PG at 11.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I kinda figure we'll take Connely at #3 and then see if that big 7 footer drops to #1...that's what I was thinking...but man...I'd LOVE Al Thornton...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
What do you guys think our chances of drafting that big 7ft Asian guy is? Will that be a direction we look?
pretty damn good... but idk if I would want him. we would have to use #3 on him. Conley hopefully will be #3. then we would get a guy at 11 like Noah (I could see him slipping)... I know you guys don't like Noah but I do...

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like noah. i would love to see al thornton in a hawks jersey. i'm thinking the seven footer is overrated. he lacks toughness like yao early on in his nba career.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i dont like noah. i would love to see al thornton in a hawks jersey. i'm thinking the seven footer is overrated. he lacks toughness like yao early on in his nba career.
Not sure with the Thornton obsession and yes he is a good player and should go late lottery to late teens but he is another raw 3/4 player, we already have Jsmoove and Marvin so I have no reason why we would want another one. We need 2 things, a Center and a Point guard.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yi's years ahead of Yao in terms of toughness when Yao came. Yi's a better prospect than Yao due to his athletisicm, shooting ability, toughness, and strength.

If the rumored deals are true that we give up Josh, then Al Thornton at 11 wouldn't be a bad choice. These two are almost identical players, except Josh is a little better fitted for the 4.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see thornton as a NBA PF. man i want him. trading down in the nba draft is very unlikely correct?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Al Thornton is amazing, his heart is 2nd to none his work ethic is the same, and his ability to play defense is AMAZING. I know he's a small 4 and will end up playing 3, and we already have 3 guys stuck at that possition but man, I'd LOVE to have Al here, I think he has the tools to be a star in the NBA. As far as getting Noah at 11, he will be gone, but if he was there I'd love to have him, but I think he'll end up playing the 3 in the NBA for some reason, but you can't beat Prince, he causes so many matchup problems and is SO good defensively I'd really love to have someone like that. But we need a C and a PG really bad, so I dunno where we'll end up going =/
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

What's with all the Noah hate? No one wants another Marcus Camby on their team?
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
What's with all the Noah hate? No one wants another Marcus Camby on their team?
Noah's nowhere near Marcus Camby. More like Anderson Varejao. We don't need a fish that flops a lot on the Hawks.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Camby... haha... I really don't know what to call him the next. NBADraft.net has him as Tyson Chandler.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Is it that hard to imagine Noah averaging 11 points and 9 rebounds as a rookie? I live in Atlanta. Couldn't the Hawks use someone like that and who plays hard every game to light a fire under a bunch of underachievers?
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All of you Al Thornton fans should stop dreaming the Hawks didnt even invite the guy to one of the individuals workouts....If the Hawks decide to keep both picks I would pick Al Horford then take the best point guard available with the #11 pick

WHO: Wednesday, June 20
10 a.m. Acie Law (G, 6-3, 195, Texas A&M
Consensus First Team All-America … 18.1 ppg and 5.0 apg last season
Javaris Crittenton (G, 6-5, 198, Georgia Tech)
Tied for team lead in scoring (14.4 ppg) … Also averaged 5.8 apg, 3.7 rpg, 2.0 spg
Jamon Gordon (G, 6-3, 212, Virginia Tech)
Third Team All-ACC last season … Put in 11.4 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.5 rpg
1 p.m. Brandan Wright (F, 6-10, 210, North Carolina)
ACC Rookie of the Year and All-ACC Second Team … 14.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg (.646 FG%)
Friday, June 22
10 a.m. Joakim Noah (F/C, 6-11, 232, Florida)
12.0 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.8 bpg in ‘06-‘07 … Most Outstanding Player of ‘06 NCAA Final Four
Saturday, June 23
10 a.m. Rodney Stuckey (G, 6-5, 205, Eastern Washington)
Seventh nationally in scoring last season (24.6), after 24.2 ppg as a freshman in ’05-‘06
Monday, June 25
10 a.m. Al Horford (F/C, 6-10, 245, Florida)
Third Team All-America last season (13.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.8 bpg) … First Team All-SEC
1 p.m. Mike Conley Jr. (G, 6-1, 180, Ohio State)
First Team All-Big Ten by media … 11.3 ppg, 6.1 apg, 2.2 spg (.518 FG%) in 39 starts
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny to see Jamon Gordon just thrown in there in the middle of all lottery players, expect them to sign him if he goes undrafted, amazing defender.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Acie Law would be a great pick at #11 if we got Yi Jianlian at 3.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 06-20-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i would love acie law at 11. or hold connely ransom for portland..
Old 06-20-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

or just get conley for ourselves. a PG is a huge need.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 06-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

yeah i really want PG at #3 but knowing billy, we're prob gonna get another forward..
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
yeah i really want PG at #3 but knowing billy, we're prob gonna get another forward..
I don't know I'd take Horford/Yi and Crittenton over Conley and Noah anyday. Also there is a chance Conley falls to 11 or, if he falls to around 8 trade up for him. #3 we can get a franchise big man not at 11.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

I really doubt Conley falls to 11. That seems absurd.. As for picking Horford at 3, what does that say about Marvin Williams and Sheldon Williams? Drafting Horford is admitting the Hawks organization made a mistake with the previous two first-round draft choices. I see Horford as a better player than both Williamses but this is simply like the Falcons taking WR after WR.

Personally, I want the Portland trade to go through. I don't know if we can get both Jarret Jack and LaMarcus Aldridge, but just having Jack who can put up 16 points a game and is experienced for the NBA with perhaps Lue teaching him a thing or two, will help the Hawks.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I really doubt Conley falls to 11. That seems absurd.. As for picking Horford at 3, what does that say about Marvin Williams and Sheldon Williams? Drafting Horford is admitting the Hawks organization made a mistake with the previous two first-round draft choices. I see Horford as a better player than both Williamses but this is simply like the Falcons taking WR after WR.

Personally, I want the Portland trade to go through. I don't know if we can get both Jarret Jack and LaMarcus Aldridge, but just having Jack who can put up 16 points a game and is experienced for the NBA with perhaps Lue teaching him a thing or two, will help the Hawks.
The Aldridge and Jack deal requires moving #3 and Josh Smith and that aint happening. And Horford can play the 5 for us, Marvin plays the 3 so not sure what you mean there. And the Hawks don't value Conley like you do, apparently we have Acie and Javarris Crittenton ranked above him.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

I read about some rumors that Hawks want Acie at 3. I hope thats all a smokescreen.

Horford playing center!? In the NBA?! He's no Ben Wallace who plays larger than his actual height. Adding another PF that will rival the maturing Josh Smith is not good for the team. I really don't get it. We need a PG, we have for the past 2-3 years. Yet we pass on Chris Paul and Derron Williams. Hmm.. deja vu this year?