Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.
Default Green to Atlanta?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It's pro football talk which I know isn't all that credible, but the possibililty doesn't seem that far fetched. If anything if someone else gets involved in might force Miami to make a move. I'm just wanting to get this deal over with so we can move on.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this yesterday no way I see this happening from a falcons stand point.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I could see this happening just as a insurance policy.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Joey Harrington to a 2 year deal, so if we traded for Trent Green that would mean Joey would be inactive and waste of money.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never going to happen.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just trade him to Miami already. I feel bad for him.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Just trade him to Miami already. I feel bad for him.
So do a lot of Chiefs fans and his team mates but our GM doesn't give a dam and never will I can't wait for him to be gone he is not only hurting players on the team but why would FA want to come here after how Green is getting treated?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green is worth more than a 6th round pick. I think Miami is more at fault here for not giving us a fair value for a quality QB like Green. Im' proud of King Carl right now, he's not buckling under the intense (and unfair) media scrutiny.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
We signed Joey Harrington to a 2 year deal, so if we traded for Trent Green that would mean Joey would be inactive and waste of money.
The fact alone you signed joey Harrington is sad :D
Old 05-25-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Green is worth more than a 6th round pick. I think Miami is more at fault here for not giving us a fair value for a quality QB like Green. Im' proud of King Carl right now, he's not buckling under the intense (and unfair) media scrutiny.
I would agree he is worth more then a 6th but King Carl was asking for a second round pick for a 37 year old QB that is coming off a very bad year how can you be proud of him? We all know Trent Green is not going to be the starter next year he has been a class act since day one for us for him to be treated like this is not only unfair but just wrong. He can't even get King Carl to call him back Carl is sending a bad message not only to the team but players around the league.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would agree he is worth more then a 6th but King Carl was asking for a second round pick for a 37 year old QB that is coming off a very bad year how can you be proud of him? We all know Trent Green is not going to be the starter next year he has been a class act since day one for us for him to be treated like this is not only unfair but just wrong. He can't even get King Carl to call him back Carl is sending a bad message not only to the team but players around the league.

He knew he would never get a 2nd for Green. I believe he's wanted a 4th all along and used the 2nd round as a middle ground with Miami's offer of a 6th. I too think Peterson is doing the right thing here and Green has brought a lot of this on himself by going public with his complaints and outwardly saying he wasn't going to any team but Miami. I only want this situation over with so that the team can move on with camp and not waste reps on a QB that won't be playing for us.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Kc's now asking for a fourth round pick, with any negotiations you should start really high and then slowly come to an agreement. a fourth round pick, I think is perfect compensation for Trent Green. A non-cancerous, still able to play, upright guy. You gotta keep in mind man, that this is a business, and you gotta take emotion out of the the buisness aspect. I agree that generally speaking Trent is a classy dude, but why is he bringing this out to the media? That doesn't exactly sound like a "Trent Green" move. Sounds to me like a TO move myself. This sound really bad to say, but Trents' ability as a Quarterback is a commodity in this league. And in any market, you want to get a fair value for your commodities, or your going to go belly up. Trent Green should have be a classy guy through this, but he's has no right to go in the media and say "Trade me, this is an unfair competition"
Once again, I think it's hard(for anyone)to stand up in front of a crowd and vehemently disagree with them like CP is doing in this situation.. It takes guts to do that. I mean, everyone admires guys' like that. I mean, aren't our superhero's or historical figures based off this notion, of going against the "grain" and succeeding.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Also, for being a "washed" up QB, if and when he gets traded to Miami, he's going to be one of my sleeper picks in the fantasy league. The guy can still play.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Carl told Green something would happen no later then the draft well the draft has come and gone and nothing went down. I mean now we got a QB taking reps from the two other guys that are going to be on this team it is point less. We are not going to keep Green no way we pay seven million for a back up QB it is either get a late draft pick for him or cut him and get nothing. I know the Chiefs said they could keep him but there is no way they do that now IMO I would be shocked.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I think sooner or later, Green will get traded to Miami. Taking reps away is exactly what he's doing, but he's also helping Brodie out when he takes his snaps(if he's as team-orientated as he says). Also, I heard(maybe I'm wrong) but CP lowered the asking price for Green during the draft and the Dolphins' refused(probably after Moss was traded for a fourth). Now, to me, it seems like in that situation, Miami is in the wrong. Miami should know that CP isn't a push-over numbnuts. He knows they need a Quarterback, and Green would be awesome there. However, That was wrong of him to say that he would be traded by a certain date. There's no way we cut Green.