Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-22-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
badintentions

Default Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Oscar De La Hoya. Who you got?

Fight of the decade coming up boys and girls. It's fought at 154 where Floyd, the p4p king, has never fought.

Who you guys got?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Golden Boy bothers me, so I'll take the best fighter pound for pound on the planet.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

De La Hoya !
Old 11-23-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PBF Easy

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Oscar De La Hoya. Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badintentions
Fight of the decade coming up boys and girls. It's fought at 154 where Floyd, the p4p king, has never fought.

Who you guys got?
I don't think that this is a "fight of the decade", it'll be a good fight, but not of that status.

I also believe that Floyd will win it by a KO.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda unrelated but I was very dissapointed in wasting my money on the Manny Pacquiao and Morales fight. I thought it would be the fight of the year but Pacquiao dominated, the guy is a beast I love watching him fight:

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty Boy will dominate.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PBF by Unanimous Decision.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it in May

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is too early to make an accurate prediction.. You cant call this fight yet. There is the huge variable of Floyd at 154. What will his body look like. His power is nothing special at 47, so will he be able to keep DLH off him? If he doesnt put on a ton of muscle this could be a Paulie Malignaggi- Cotto kind of fight. PBF may be fast, but you can only dodge for so long. If DLH can keep coming forwrd, it may be lights out for floyd, after all corley did rock him. Also, will DLH train his ass off? He did for the Mayorga fight, but acknowledged that he wouldnt have if mayorga didnt talk so much. Something tells me PBF wont have a problem talking, but we dont know for sure yet. But, I do know that if Oscar doesnt train like a madman he wont have the cardio to beat Floyd.

That said, right now I lean toward PBF for the shear fact that his cardio is beastly and he never slacks so putting on the weight the right way should not be a problem.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BadIntentions, can u just make this the official boxing thread. I have wanted to start a new one for a while.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:

Who you guys got?
I don't think that this is a "fight of the decade", it'll be a good fight, but not of that status.

I hope you mean TKO Max. Can you honestly see PBF knocking DLH cold to the point where he cant get up before 10? Floyd doesn't have that power at 47 and DLH's chin isnt bad at all.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Merch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ricky Hatton>Floyd Mayweather

Thanks to FoosballIsTheDevil for the sig
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Major England homerism there. Hatton barely beat Collazo and has only 1 win over a very good opponent. Miguel Cotto is better than Hatton and he isnt in PBF's league.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Nerv

I predict a decision and then decision controversy. And then a rematch asap to drain another amount of cash from everyone.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
I predict a decision and then decision controversy. And then a rematch asap to drain another amount of cash from everyone.
Oh, I guarantee a close fight leads to a rematch. Especially if DLH loses a close one.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Did I mention boring monotanous decision? I guess that is just assumed.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Major England homerism there. Hatton barely beat Collazo and has only 1 win over a very good opponent. Miguel Cotto is better than Hatton and he isnt in PBF's league.
Didn't Hatton have to go up a weight to fight Collazo though? He is best at the weight at which he fought Tszyu, no-one has a body-shot like Hatton's at that weight and no-one can match him for pure intensity and work-rate. I just wish he wouldn't let his weight balloon in between fights like he does.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Didn't Hatton have to go up a weight to fight Collazo though? He is best at the weight at which he fought Tszyu, no-one has a body-shot like Hatton's at that weight and no-one can match him for pure intensity and work-rate. I just wish he wouldn't let his weight balloon in between fights like he does.
He went up to 47 because he said he felt he would fight better there. Regardless, the only guy he has beat was an old Tszyu. He made a career of beating up average fighters in the UK (cant say I blame him) and has never proven himself imo. Saying he is better than Floyd is nuts. Heck, it would be tough arguing he is better than cotto (whose body shots are just as good). His work rate is astounding, but he did gas in the Collazo so maybe he is slowing down from a career of volume punching.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He went up to 47 because he said he felt he would fight better there. Regardless, the only guy he has beat was an old Tszyu. He made a career of beating up average fighters in the UK (cant say I blame him) and has never proven himself imo. Saying he is better than Floyd is nuts. Heck, it would be tough arguing he is better than cotto (whose body shots are just as good). His work rate is astounding, but he did gas in the Collazo so maybe he is slowing down from a career of volume punching.
The cuts he gets around his eyes have never helped him either, but if Hatton got to face Mayweather over here in the MEN arena I still say he would give Mayweather a run for his money.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The cuts he gets around his eyes have never helped him either, but if Hatton got to face Mayweather over here in the MEN arena I still say he would give Mayweather a run for his money.
Perhaps in England, but I really couldn't see him winning a decision unless the judges were extremely partial to Hatton. He would a lucky punch imo.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps in England, but I really couldn't see him winning a decision unless the judges were extremely partial to Hatton. He would a lucky punch imo.
I don't think there is any way in which Hatton could win a fight against Mayweather in America. It just wouldn't happen, in Manchester though he seems to feed off the crowd and pull it out of the bag. Our next big thing on the boxing scene is Amir Khan. If he progresses the way he should we will have a third top talent to go with Calzaghe and Hatton.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who you guys got?

I hope you mean TKO Max. Can you honestly see PBF knocking DLH cold to the point where he cant get up before 10? Floyd doesn't have that power at 47 and DLH's chin isnt bad at all.
Well a ref could stop that fight without DLH going down. PBF could barrage him with punches to the point where a ref won't have a choice but to end it.

BTW, Floyd's power is good.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who you guys got?

Well a ref could stop that fight without DLH going down. PBF could barrage him with punches to the point where a ref won't have a choice but to end it.

BTW, Floyd's power is good.

Well, it is underrated at 47. But at 154 i have a hard time seeing Floyd as a hard puncher.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there is any way in which Hatton could win a fight against Mayweather in America. It just wouldn't happen, in Manchester though he seems to feed off the crowd and pull it out of the bag. Our next big thing on the boxing scene is Amir Khan. If he progresses the way he should we will have a third top talent to go with Calzaghe and Hatton.
Amir Khan is awesome. I love watching him fight and think he will be awesome. I just hope he comes to America and fight legit guys....

Also, regarding Calzaghe. What the hell is he doing not fighting Kessler. That is the fight boxing needs, not Manfredo. :evil: