Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Javarris James or Antone Smith?
Javarris James 40 75.47%
Antone Smith 13 24.53%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Javarris James or Antone Smith

Who's the best when it's all said and done?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I'm an FSU fan, I have to go James. He's much bigger, and I think he'll be better than Edge.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Even though I'm an FSU fan, I have to go James. He's much bigger, and I think he'll be better than Edge.
Wow better than Edge, I think he's good but better than James would mean MVP type back.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Antone Smith has more potential, but Javarris James is better right now. I have my doubts as to if Smith will ever reach his potential.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James. I'm incredibly high on this guy. I think he's got good speed and very good patience
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James

since when has a fsu rb done anything

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
No way he will be better than EDGE, but should have a good year even though he will softening up defenses for Graig Cooper. For Smith it depends on the O line, but he has a much more potential than James if he can beef up

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
James

They're about to start doing stuff this year.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't wait till Antone shuts people up this year. he is a freak of nature.

4.34 speed, with 34 reps of 225. built like a bowling ball.
5'9" 190lbs.
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
James

umm Leon Washington, and Antone has better measurables than him.

and Antone still has 2 more years left to get even better.
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James easily right now. But I'm more than satisfied with Tone. If he can get to around 200 pounds and keep his 4.3-4.4 speed then I could see him as a Travis Henry type back at the next level or maybe even a Frank Gore type. I'm really excited about what he will do this year with our new coaches. We have always had a top back out of HS (Booker, Leon, Minor, Maddox, all five star players) but because of poor OL play the past few seasons along with injuries and bad scheme they have not met all potential in college. FSU will run the ball more this season, and Tone will be the feature back. He has a chance to become a special FSU back.

James on the other hand, I have no doubts that he will be one of the best backs in College Football this season.

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Javarris easily. He's going to be the next great Miami tailback.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

come on lets get some more responses here.... 285 views... only 11 responses, only 30 votes.... me and my buddy are having a huge debate over this.... I know javarris is better, i just want to know what everyone else thinks!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
umm Leon Washington, and Antone has better measurables than him.

and Antone still has 2 more years left to get even better.
since when do measurable make a player?

i think you actually have to do stuff to be considered good

Washington = 2534 total yards in 4 years
Antone = 843 total yards in 2 years (not starting)
James = 1002 total yards in freshman season

Last edited by fenikz : 06-03-2007 at 04:09 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Its all about The U
Rookie

Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.

this isn't close James wins
Its all about The U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think James is neccesarily more "talented" than Antone. But so far (key phrase) he has been the more succesful and proven back. This year will be more of a tell all

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

whos this Antone? lol
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
whos this Antone? lol
number 1 all purpose RB from a few years ago and five star recruit....had a very good soph year before injury

what interesting to note is that had Antone went to Miami (he was perceived as a Cane lock but shocked on Signing Day) I believe he would be the starter over James....or would have at least started the 2006 season as the starting RB and he would be the starter going into the 2007 season

take it for what you want

-sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by -black : 06-06-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
number 1 all purpose RB from a few years ago and five star recruit....had a very good soph year before injury

what interesting to note is that had Antone went to Miami (he was perceived as a Cane lock but shocked on Signing Day) I believe he would be the starter over James....or would have at least started the 2006 season as the starting RB and he would be the starter going into the 2007 season

take it for what you want
i still remember the Noel Devine video that sort of made fun of Smith

it went like: Why did Smith decide not to go to Miami? .... because no 1 wants to be a backup their junior or senior year(forget which) and then it showed the amazing Devine highlights
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida State hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since Warrick Dunn.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Florida State hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since Warrick Dunn.
true, but very often is a misleading stat

although they did not have 1,000 yard rushers they still consistently had a top 5 offense in the country year in and year out (and top rated passing attack). They liked to use multiple scat back types instead of one bruiser.

also, Greg Jones would have went over 1,000 in 2002 but got injured with a few games left in the season (I believe he was at 991 yards or something)

Leon Washington and Lorenzo Booker both had over 800 yards in 2004 and Leon would have went over 1,000 had it not been for injuries.

Its a true stat, but aside for the past two years its very misleading because FSU's run game has been good. Guys have been good all around all purpose backs....with Jimbo though I do expect more of an emphasis on the run game

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
dware_94

both are good...but i think smith has more potential and will better in the future
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

James has shown that he wants it more. He wasn't a heralded recruit and beat out a lot of highly rated prospects to be the man. I want my running back to show that level of desire to be better than his competition on his team and thus to want to fight for every yard in a game. Smith has been ok but doesn't have much competition and hasn't really stood out to me. Plus with both teams' offensive lines being sorry, I'll take the bigger, more powerful back who won't go down on first contact.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
James has shown that he wants it more. He wasn't a heralded recruit and beat out a lot of highly rated prospects to be the man. I want my running back to show that level of desire to be better than his competition on his team and thus to want to fight for every yard in a game. Smith has been ok but doesn't have much competition and hasn't really stood out to me. Plus with both teams' offensive lines being sorry, I'll take the bigger, more powerful back who won't go down on first contact.
What makes you think James wants it more than Antone? Miami would actually stay commited to running the ball during the coarse of a game. If it wasn't working for us, we'd give it up and just throw the damn ball for the rest of the game. That's why you never saw Antone do anything, plus he wasn't the starter. He's been poorley coached while being at Florida State, and that has changed now. I guess you haven't read any of the Florida State message boards at all during spring practices. Smith hits the hole now. He doesn't sit in the backfield and wait. And he doesn't exactly go down if someone lays a finger on him either.

Now you're about to see what Antone Smith can do this season. He will LEAD THE ACC IN RUSHING this season. Mark it down.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
very ignorant post right here.

Oh yeah, Tone actually did win the starting spot against Western Michigan and was going to start against Florida. Booker was moved to WR. Antone got injured, which resulted in Booker starting again. 450 yards as a backup with a horrible OL, horrible scheme and OC, and less than 100 carries is pretty good considering the for-mentioned. You can pick James and i'd have no problem with that. But to say because "James wants is more" is rediculously dumb which nothing to base that on.

oh and James beat out a lot of highly rated prospects? Sure he became the starter, but who else would they have gone to? He got early PT because Moss got suspended, not because he "wanted it more" than those guys. Its not like he beat out any proven players, or anyone who has proven to be better than Booker (3rd round pick)

Miami:
Kylan Robinson 4-star (zero experience)
Charlie Jones 4-star (hasnt done anything)
Derron Thomas 3-star (backup type RB)
Tyrone Moss 4-star (injuries/suspensions undrafted FA)

FSU:
Booker 5-star (3rd round pick...a few yards away from being the 2nd Nole ever with 2,000 yards rushing and 2,000 receiving)
Jammal Edwards 4-star (hasnt done anything)
Marcus Sims 4-star (hasnt done anything)
Russell Ball 4-star (speedster that has been injured)

I mean its not like James beat out "all world RB's" and Antone did not beat out anybody when he worked his way into the starting lineup

-sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by -black : 06-10-2007 at 11:52 AM.