Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Default The league and suspensions too much too little too late?

In the wake of the current media circus surrounding all the thugs in the Nfl who apparently believe they dont have to obey the laws that the rest of america has to. Maybe its my hard nose conservative attitude about what I consider to be pretty ignorant crimes. I dont quite understand why people actually believe its the leagues responsability to babysit grown men, Nor do I feel its the leagues job to reform them. Some where along the linewe seem to have forgotten that playing childs game and making millions of dollars to do so, should always be treated for what it is a priveledge. And that privledge can and should be revoked at any time you dont want to act like a responsable citizen. Listen retards if you dont want to be a role model to my kids thats fine, Id just as soon my kids didnt look up to you, But what about your own? Who is going to be a role model for them? I understand that young men make mistakes I made a couple of my own, But to patronize these morons who make millions of dollars, and sympathize for them like they are owed something more then any other american citizen is bullsh*t. These men make millions of dollars theycan affordtheir own counceling they can afford their own accountants and I dont think they need league subsidized baby sitting, I also feel the team that brings these kinds of players into the league should still have to pay the salarys of these social retards, Thier salary should be allocated to charitys that support the TRUE victims of these crimes,
The team should still have to participate as if that player were still on the roster, Therefor if they have 8 people on suspension, I wont mention any team names, then they should have to compete without replacing those players, those players should remain active, Then maybe we would see true reform, I guarentee that teams would think twice about giving a roster spot and a huge money contract on the pac man jones even if he may be a missing peice to the trophy, These players should have to pay for their own reform school after all I thought that is why we make them wait 3 years to become pros so these guys can mature physically and mentally, If the Nfl is going to continually market these players as role models then they should at some point make sure that they truly are worthy of such a honor. Lets face it all these cowards who dont want to be role models can always go to work at mac donalds,
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I'm concerned they are completely overreacting to a vocal minority.

Obviously the majority do not care, they still watch the game, in fact it is more popular than ever. I dont see how punishing the fans(thats all a suspension achieves) is going to teach the players a lesson.

Goodell is on a power trip and its a real worry. It is what is ruining the NBA right now is a commissioner on a power trip.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

WOW so you believe suspending players who have constant run in's with the law is some how punishing the fans? You believe the league shouldnt suspend them because the game must go on? Some of the allegations include assault with a deadly weapon, Cruelity to animals, Selling and distributing drugs, and you believe these players should be abovethe law because the football game on sunday is way more important then the safty of the citizens of these citys?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
As far as I'm concerned they are completely overreacting to a vocal minority.

Obviously the majority do not care, they still watch the game, in fact it is more popular than ever. I dont see how punishing the fans(thats all a suspension achieves) is going to teach the players a lesson.

Goodell is on a power trip and its a real worry. It is what is ruining the NBA right now is a commissioner on a power trip.
Worst, most ignorant thread yet.

Just so you know, the views on this board do NOT represent the majority of opinion.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I personally applaud the commish on his efforts to clean not only the nfl but the planet of these ignorant thugs who exploit their fame to extort the american people. I am appauld by the fact that these players would even file appeals. There is no job on earth that should be forced to employee such ignorant waste of oxegyn. My only wish is he would hold the teams more responsable for thier lack of judgement. If your going to pay these "men" as I use that term very loosely, millions of dollars to play a childs game, I would hope it wouldnt be to much to ask for them to act like civil human beings. Im so sick of hearing these morons talk about how they arent role models and that they should be able to beat their wives, shoot up night clubs, beat up whom ever they please, That they dont feel obligated to abide by the laws every other american and in some instances human beings have to abide by then leave the league. There are places for these people where they can still lift weights still get a free ride and their behaviour will be a mainstay, We call them Prisons!