Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that really sucks. I hope he's alright.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Hes been found dead.

Its really a shame. He was a college star on LSU's national title team, and I've kinda followed his career in the NFL. He was a special player in college but he didn't bring it to the pros.

Regardless he was a really good human being and I hate to see him die so young.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
that really sucks. I hope he's alright.
..you hope a dead man is alright?..i wont bother.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its really a shame that a life has been lost over such a preventable incident.

I saw this on First Take this morning, and they interviewed his agent. Apparently, they were riding the jetski and were making turns to jump over the wakes their ski was making. Marquise made too sharp of a turn, and the female passenger was thrown off of the jetski. They weren't wearing life jackets, and the woman couldn't swim well. Marquise jumped off the ski to save the girl, and was able to get her to safety but was unfortunately swept away in the undertoe of the lake. Thats the last time he was seen. All this came from the woman that was with him the morning after she was rescued.

When you think that not alcohol or drugs caused this death, but sheer irresponsibility, its even harder to come to grips. As someone who owns a boat, I know how important jackets are. Even on a 21 foot boat, you can be thrown off fairly easily if you aren't careful. And thats in broad daylight. As Ewing said, hopefully this helps bring awareness to water safety.

My prayers go out to his family.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Its really a shame that a life has been lost over such a preventable incident.

I saw this on First Take this morning, and they interviewed his agent. Apparently, they were riding the jetski and were making turns to jump over the wakes their ski was making. Marquise made too sharp of a turn, and the female passenger was thrown off of the jetski. They weren't wearing life jackets, and the woman couldn't swim well. Marquise jumped off the ski to save the girl, and was able to get her to safety but was unfortunately swept away in the undertoe of the lake. Thats the last time he was seen. All this came from the woman that was with him the morning after she was rescued.

When you think that not alcohol or drugs caused this death, but sheer irresponsibility, its even harder to come to grips. As someone who owns a boat, I know how important jackets are. Even on a 21 foot boat, you can be thrown off fairly easily if you aren't careful. And thats in broad daylight. As Ewing said, hopefully this helps bring awareness to water safety.

My prayers go out to his family.
he didnt jump off the ski..they were on it together and both fell off when they hit a tide
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

heres a post i put on PatsFans..straight from my heart. I know it might not have a lot to do with people here but theres a lot of parts to the general fans

start:

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football
Old 05-28-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
..you hope a dead man is alright?..i wont bother.
Obviously he didn't know about them finding his body.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
God will punish me for that one day.
God will not punish you for criticizing a a football player, my friend.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIP Marquise
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad day

RIP Marquise....

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
heres a post i put on PatsFans..straight from my heart. I know it might not have a lot to do with people here but theres a lot of parts to the general fans

start:

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football
Great post, + rep
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIP Marquise

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard this news right after I got back from jetskeeing. Wow. Anyway, my prayers are with his family.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy.
Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The people critizing him for not wearing a lifevest, hope off his dick. I'm sure you haven't always put saftey first.

RIP
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This has just been an absolute offseason for the NFL. All the off-the-field issues and all of the deaths, this has just been a very demoralizing offseason for me personally. My prayers go out to the Hill family.

You have to wonder, what does the girl he went jet skiing with think right now. Thinking that someone sacraficed their body to save yours. That has got to be tough.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a shame. I remember watching him play for LSU and remember him getting drafted by the Pats. It's a terrible tragedy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell needs to be having a rough first year. A ton of things have happened and he has made good decisions like a true leader. Props to him for that.

May Hill rest in peace though, my prayers tonight shall go to his family, friends and all of those who have and still love him and his memory.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn
he died a hero

RIP

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.comcast.net/sports/index....h=itn_patriots

Wow RIP. Everything was going great for the Pats this off-season, this is the worst thing that could have happened. Marquise was tabbed as a "bust" as a second round pick, but off the field all we have heard is great things about him. RIP, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 05-28-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Marquise.

And all of you saying he should have been wearing a life vest, I'm sure you have at least gone out on the water once without a life vest. The problem is, everybody always thinks they're going to be alright and nothing bad will happen on the water. Turns out, sometimes bad things happen.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks, RIP Marquise.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

....Now that my rant is done, RIP Marquise. As far as I could tell he was a good guy and it's sad to see good guys go like this.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP

He died a hero.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A guy that went to my church died from a jetski accident last year at right about this time of the year also. Tried to jump a wave but must have mistimed it or something. Flew up into the air, came down and smacked against the jetski, lost consicousness and broke his back. Not sure whether he died from the impact or drowning. Only 24 years old, RIP
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote