Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.I.P Marquise Hill - May those games up in heaven be more fruitful with your addition.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Its really a shame that a life has been lost over such a preventable incident.

I saw this on First Take this morning, and they interviewed his agent. Apparently, they were riding the jetski and were making turns to jump over the wakes their ski was making. Marquise made too sharp of a turn, and the female passenger was thrown off of the jetski. They weren't wearing life jackets, and the woman couldn't swim well. Marquise jumped off the ski to save the girl, and was able to get her to safety but was unfortunately swept away in the undertoe of the lake. Thats the last time he was seen. All this came from the woman that was with him the morning after she was rescued.

When you think that not alcohol or drugs caused this death, but sheer irresponsibility, its even harder to come to grips. As someone who owns a boat, I know how important jackets are. Even on a 21 foot boat, you can be thrown off fairly easily if you aren't careful. And thats in broad daylight. As Ewing said, hopefully this helps bring awareness to water safety.

My prayers go out to his family.
If he was swept away by the undertoe, a lifejacket wouldnt have helped him anyways. Undertoe's are no joke, especially in that Lake.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.
So you dont wear a life vest cause you don't want to look like a tool? I live close to a lake and everyone wears a life vest, if you dont then your an idiot. From what I've heard, Hill was a great person in the community and I pray for his family and applaud him for trying to save her, but not wearing a life vest is so dumb.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

may he rest in peace
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a terrible off-season. first Derrent now Hill. May he RIP.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What a terrible off-season. first Derrent now Hill. May he RIP.
Damien Nash as well. Tough offseason for the NFL indeed.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its been tough for the NFL and LSU as well. First Mike V dies, now Marquise. Coupled with Pokey quitting as basketball coach and Perriloux being a ******. Its been a rough patch for Baton Rouge. This season is for Marquise and Mike and I can assure you, the team wont let them down. National Champs this year!

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shocked when I saw this today...awful, just awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.I.P. to you, Marquise.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hate to sound heartless, but he broke several laws which may have led to his death. I also heard he was with a female other than his fiance. My sympathy meter isn't moving much. A tragedy nonetheless.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Hate to sound heartless, but he broke several laws which may have led to his death. I also heard he was with a female other than his fiance. My sympathy meter isn't moving much. A tragedy nonetheless.
he was with a HS friend..i guess when you have a fiancee or wife you cant hang out with a long time friend? who knows when the last time hes seen her and other friends..hes a football player..you dont get a lot of time to go back home and visit for a long time
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP... it seems like it happens to the best people.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.
when u got out at night most people do. during the day maybe not, but if its late and u lose visibility they should be. although i agree that most people don't.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
JetMan
Rookie

JetMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
dude ****. not everyone is perfect. and not everyone wants to look like a tool by wearing a life vest. he didnt do 1 thing perfect and you want to kill him for it.

he went out a hero and saved a young ladys life. I guess that kind of thing is the difference between the Patriots and a head stomping, stripper beating, bouncer shooting team like the Titans.
I must say the ignorance on this board is unbelievable.

you are 100% correct, why would anyone take safety when it's at the expense of looking cool, especially when it's 9'clock at night.
Hey, but according to you, atleast he's not a tool.
JetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When I die, I hope it's during a heroic act.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
When I die, I hope it's during a heroic act.
I wonder if this hero story is true, or just sensationalism. The Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch stories were blown out of proportion for that reason. Fool me once...
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP my thoughts and prays to his family friends and teammates.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.
Couldnt have said it better myself. I cant stand these douche bags that dont feel sympathy for a man that died or saying that he deserved it. That's a pathetic excuse for a human being if you ask me.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIP Gentile Giant

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...25770&pcid=111
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP
There are life vests available for all different weights. If you're 300 lbs. wearing a life jacket for a 100 lb. kid, it probably won't help much. If you get the right life jacket, it could save your life.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.
Wow...

That is one of the dumbest collection of thoughts I've ever read.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Wow...

That is one of the dumbest collection of thoughts I've ever read.
Could not agree more.