Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: champ or deion
champ 49 33.11%
deion 99 66.89%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
thank you for proving my point...i said deion did not face moss in his prime and i still say that...the article u posted is from '99 and that was moss's second year in the league....did u read the article u posted?...it plain states how moss hasnt learned the position fully yet and how its scary how good he can be when he does learn it....which means he wasnt in his prime so like i said u proved my point...and for ur statement about me losing credit on this thread...2 ppl have added rep to me for post on this thread while on the other hand not a single person has neg repped me....and while i kno that doesnt mean everyone agrees with me..it also means im not sayin anythng as stupid as u make it sound
Randy Moss was at the top of his game when he entered the league. Ask the CB's who tried to cover him. He was certainly a much tougher matchup in '99 than he was last year. The fact remains that Deion did face these other worldly WR's that you speak of. No need to argue the exact moment Moss hit the apex of his ability. As far as DB's are concerned, those '98, '99 and '00 Vikings teams were some of the toughest they ever had to defend.

What exactly are you even arguing? What is your point? All you've done is make false claims for no apparent reason.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
reese

just becuz this is gettin long and i doubt everybody reads the whole thing...i dont doubt deion at all...he has the best ball skills of any player ive ever seen...that includes wrs...he goes and attacks the ball like no other...i simply asked ppls opinions on how they think he would do against the wrs of today since they are so much more of physical specimans then they were when he played...
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the article u posted is from '99 and that was moss's second year in the league....
In Moss' second year in the league he caught 80 balls for 1413 yards and 11 TD. You're talking about the year when Moss was second in the NFL in receiving yard correct? The same year when he grabbed 11 TD and the league leader (teammate Cris Carter) had 13? We're talking about the year that Moss lead the NFL in yards per reception by a wide margin, right? In case you can't remember that far back, Moss made an instant impact and was a top five receiver in the league by his second year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Randy Moss was at the top of his game when he entered the league. Ask the CB's who tried to cover him. He was certainly a much tougher matchup in '99 than he was last year. The fact remains that Deion did face these other worldly WR's that you speak of. No need to argue the exact moment Moss hit the apex of his ability. As far as DB's are concerned, those '98, '99 and '00 Vikings teams were some of the toughest they ever had to defend.

What exactly are you even arguing? What is your point? All you've done is make false claims for no apparent reason.
please tell me what false claim i made...and randy moss was not at the top of his game then...like that article said he had not leaned the position completely by his second year..no wr could learn it that fast...
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
In Moss' second year in the league he caught 80 balls for 1413 yards and 11 TD. You're talking about the year when Moss was second in the NFL in receiving yard correct? The same year when he grabbed 11 TD and the league leader (teammate Cris Carter) had 13? We're talking about the year that Moss lead the NFL in yards per reception by a wide margin, right? In case you can't remember that far back, Moss made an instant impact and was a top five receiver in the league by his second year.
i never said he didnt make an istant impact..if im not mistaken he had 17 tds as a rookie right? all i said was exactly what that article said and that is that moss was still learning in his second year..he wasnt in his prime...while his numbers may make it look that way...u also have to relize that he was in a perfect situation to put up the numbers that he did
Old 06-02-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
please tell me what false claim i made..
Are you serious?

Quote:
...no wr in deions time looked like TO or anquan boldin...
Quote:
when they came into the league they were not no.1 wrs on there team so deion would not have been covering them...and then when they were no.1 wrs...deion was a nickleback/third corner...so he wouldnt have been coverin them then either
Quote:
...deion did not cover moss or owens in there prime..
Quote:
how could i find i video of somethin i said didnt happen...it didnt happen thats why there is no video of it...if there is such a video then find it
Old 06-02-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does my screen name say secretary?

I know for a fact he covered both of them. I sat there and watched him do it. When he covered Moss it was the most anticipated matchup of the season. Didn't turn out all that great, but he did cover him in that game. And I know for a fact he fact he faced TO as an Eagle. You find the damn videos. You're the one who has yet to see it.
I don't remember the game vividly enough to say how much of the time TO was being covered by Deion, but here's some proof:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041031021

Quote:
"T.O.'s good for the game,'' said cornerback Deion Sanders, one of the most flamboyant players in the league. ``He's great for the game of football. He brings a lot of flavor to a somewhat boring sport. I'm OK with it.''
Old 06-02-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
reese

ok tell me what wr in deion's prime was built like TO or anquan

when deion was in his prime...TO was the 2nd wr on his team as was moss..they were on the other sides of rice and carter in case u forgot

i already went over the fact they didnt cover them in there prime...but since u brought up the '99 matchup with moss and deion...moss had 6 catches for 91 yards and 2 touchdowns in that game
Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I don't remember the game vividly enough to say how much of the time TO was being covered by Deion, but here's some proof:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041031021
deion was a nickle/third corner when he was with the ravens..he didnt cover TO
Old 06-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
reese

and the game when TO played the ravens...he had 8 catches for 101 and a td...but deion wasnt coverin him anyway
Old 06-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
deion was a nickle/third corner when he was with the ravens..he didnt cover TO
He did, I don't remember how much, but he was covering TO on a few plays. The Ravens defense is different from others coverage wise, they switch up who covers who. A lot of the time, their best CB Chris McCalister plays the #2 WR by himself while Samari and Reed/Landry cover the #1. Hell they once put Adalius Thomas on Chad Johnson.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
reese

well mabe the 8 catches and the 100 yards and the td wasnt on deion
Old 06-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Maybe not but this is you guys's argument, just some input that he has covered TO before.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
ok tell me what wr in deion's prime was built like TO or anquan

when deion was in his prime...TO was the 2nd wr on his team as was moss..they were on the other sides of rice and carter in case u forgot

i already went over the fact they didnt cover them in there prime...but since u brought up the '99 matchup with moss and deion...moss had 6 catches for 91 yards and 2 touchdowns in that game
Well, for one, TO. That is my point. Deion played at the same time as these other guys. Stop acting like we're talking about Dick Lane here.

And yes Moss had a great game against Dallas. You don't seem to understand the intricacies of NFL defensive schemes. This isn't Madden. Team A doesn't just line up their top CB against Team B's top WR and tells him to go shadow him all day. If you had watched the game, you'd be aware of the fact that Moss saw a variety of coverages. I don't recall him doing anything at all on Deion.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
reese

i kno...and i relize there careers have overlapped so they probely seen each other here and there but they were not going at each other in there primes which was really all i was tryin to say
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Well, for one, TO. That is my point. Deion played at the same time as these other guys. Stop acting like we're talking about Dick Lane here.

And yes Moss had a great game against Dallas. You don't seem to understand the intricacies of NFL defensive schemes. This isn't Madden. Team A doesn't just line up their top CB against Team B's top WR and tells him to go shadow him all day. If you had watched the game, you'd be aware of the fact that Moss saw a variety of coverages. I don't recall him doing anything at all on Deion.
of course u dont recall him doing anything on deion...y would u when that would go against ur argument...and u dont seem to understand that havin a shutdown corner like deion or champ gives u the opputunity to match man to man with the other teams best wr and not give that corner any help...thats why great cover corners have such a high value in the league becuz a defense can be alot more flexible with a corner that can match up man to man with a teams best wr
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
and the game when TO played the ravens...he had 8 catches for 101 and a td...but deion wasnt coverin him anyway
At least you're now aware that Deion did indeed face TO in his prime. Never said Deion was in his prime, but he surely did cover him. I think I've made my point that Deion is indeed a part of the same era as these super godly WR's that are so much more athletic than guys like Sterling Sharpe.

Oh, he also faced TO in '97.
http://theboys.com/97Games/wk10main.asp

Sure they didn't hit their primes at the same time, but they are a part of the same era. Which is my basic point.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
of course u dont recall him doing anything on deion...y would u when that would go against ur argument...and u dont seem to understand that havin a shutdown corner like deion or champ gives u the opputunity to match man to man with the other teams best wr and not give that corner any help...thats why great cover corners have such a high value in the league becuz a defense can be alot more flexible with a corner that can match up man to man with a teams best wr
Dig up a game recap and see if it mentions him scoring on Deion. I think they also played each other in the playoffs that year.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
reese

'97....like i said not in his prime TO was only in his second year
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks for reiterating what I already pointed out.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
that debatable...becasue a GREAT corner should be good at everthing

thats like saying a GREAT DE can be a pass rusher only.....a great one should be able to do it all
If a player like Champ or Deion are in run support, they are being seriously misused. Deion was locked up on someone all game, therefore, HE DIDN'T HAVE TO TACKLE!!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you eacantdraft? Please tell me that there aren't two people that stupid in the world. This whole thread would make a hell of a lot more sense if you two are the same person.

Yes, Herman Moore, Sterling Sharpe, and Michael Irvin were slouches, they were horrible. Sanders rarely even touched a wide receiver, so their physicality wouldn't even matter(plus he is bigger than Bailey). He was probably one of the best jumpers in the league.

Think how good Bailey played this past year, now imagine Bailey playing that way for 10 years.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Are you eacantdraft? Please tell me that there aren't two people that stupid in the world. This whole thread would make a hell of a lot more sense if you two are the same person.

Yes, Herman Moore, Sterling Sharpe, and Michael Irvin were slouches, they were horrible. Sanders rarely even touched a wide receiver, so their physicality wouldn't even matter(plus he is bigger than Bailey). He was probably one of the best jumpers in the league.

Think how good Bailey played this past year, now imagine Bailey playing that way for 10 years.
what was that post even about?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Thanks for reiterating what I already pointed out.
u said deion faced them in there prime..he did not...i never said he that never never played in a game where they were on the opposing team...i said he never had to guard them in there primes
Old 06-02-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, sucks for him that he had to miss playing Moss and TO in their primes, he coulda really proved himself. Too bad he had to settle for Jerry Rice, Cris Carter and Michael Irvin. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote