Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this trade from both angles.

- Vick/Moss would be the biggest story to hit since the 92 Dream Team. Atlanta has always had problems selling tickets, even with an NFL icon at QB. It's clear they need a #1 WR and that Moss needs new scenary. As for how they would co-exist. I think quite well. A lot of times the weirdo's tend to mix pretty well together. Atlanta has to get rid of Schuab anyway, else he will leave via free agency after next year.

- Oakland has so many needs offensively that drafting a QB with their first pick isn't going to do much. While Schuab might not be a Davis QB, he is exactly what the Raiders need. He's a accurrate passer that would be excelllent in a three and five step drop set. The Raiders could move to more of a West Coast type offense, which would really benefit the OL in terms of pass blocking. Gallery and company would no longer be required to hold blocks for long periods to time to wait for routes to develop and the QB to make checkdowns. Schuab short and mid range skills were very solid at UVA and he'd work well with Lamont Jordan in that regard. With their first pick they could grab Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas or even Alan Branch. If they draft an offesensive star, suddenly they don't look so bad on O.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Moss for Leftwich or Plummer or Huard
Moss for Leftwich. Hmmmm...
This trade seems too good to be true, Mike Tice wanted to get Moss, and Leftwich is definitely gone, so trade him to the Raiders. That way they can use their pick on either Calvin Johnson, AP or Joe Thomas, and still get an upgrade at QB. Plus, he has a cannon, which Al Davis loves.
I personally have no interest in Leftwich, dunno about other Raider fans. I'd rather roll the dice on Schaub.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats what i was thinking when i made this thread, that moss wants out and vick says thats why he is not a good passer because he does not have a #1 WR(bulls@#$ vick just s*cks) also everyone has Oak drafting Calvin Johnson so they would solve 3 prob. with 1 action. they would get a good QB, get rid of moss because he wants out, and if they draft a #1 WR in Calvin Johnson then you would not need moss(or porter).

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe a made up, "what if...", thread like this has made three pages.

:?:

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would trade Moss for Schaub hell even give them Porter

I just want them 2 gone from Oakland
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Atl_Takeover

I think atlanta would be hesitant to make this trade because of Moss reputation but you never know.....after the way the WR's has performed this year Arthur Blank might be willing to make a trade like this and it would help both teams out.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Moss for Leftwich or Plummer or Huard
Moss for Leftwich. Hmmmm...
This trade seems too good to be true, Mike Tice wanted to get Moss, and Leftwich is definitely gone, so trade him to the Raiders. That way they can use their pick on either Calvin Johnson, AP or Joe Thomas, and still get an upgrade at QB. Plus, he has a cannon, which Al Davis loves.
I personally have no interest in Leftwich, dunno about other Raider fans. I'd rather roll the dice on Schaub.
It takes two to tango my friend.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
- Vick/Moss would be the biggest story to hit since the 92 Dream Team. Atlanta has always had problems selling tickets, even with an NFL icon at QB. It's clear they need a #1 WR and that Moss needs new scenary. As for how they would co-exist. I think quite well. A lot of times the weirdo's tend to mix pretty well together. Atlanta has to get rid of Schuab anyway, else he will leave via free agency after next year.
I like it. and honestly Moss would be good here IMO. he would get back to his routine and assuming we fire Mora and hire a good coach like Chow to be our HC and bring in a guy like Tenuta for our DC (it would work with our personnel because he likes to blitz safeties a lot) we could have a beastly team.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
trade him for vick
i concur. 8)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a trade like this actually went down, I would be the happiest man in the world. It's not that Randy Moss can't catch right now in Oakland, it's that he doesn't even concentrate, try, or make an effort anymore with such a terrible offense. I know Arthur Blank didn't want him before because of the potential he saw in Roddy White and Michael Jenkins, but as we all know now, they both are garbage (sad but true Atlanta fans.) Vick clearly has one of the best deep balls and combine that with the explosiveness of Randy Moss we finally have an offense to be feared. Next season I could see us having such an amazing offense, Jerious Norwood looks like he can excel at the full-time RB position and finally an elite reciever like Randy Moss. Combine that with Alge Crumpler, a top-3 TE, Justin Griffith, a top-3 FB, and Michael Vick, one of the biggest gamebreakers in the history of the NFL, you just have to be scared to go up against this offense.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote