Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breakthrough Players

Who on your favorite team is ready to break out and have a pro bowl type season?

Oakland Raiders

Offense- Ronald Curry has been very solid for the Raiders when healthy, Curry finally has a head coach who believes that he could be a starting WR in this league. Had 30 caches out of his 62 in the final 4 weeks of the season, thatís when Art Shell realized he could play. Ended the season with 62 catches 727 yards and 1 td, If Curry starts the season as the #1 or 2 WR he could very well pass the 1,000 yard mark.

Defense- Thomas Howard had a good rookie season, he improved every week and he is now expected to become more of a playmaker.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:57 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:
Mark Clayton: he broke out last year, but this year he will take another big step and become our undisupted #1. He will break the 1k yard mark

Demetrius Williams: another reciever who played extremely well down the stretch. He will fight for a starting job. He has the frame and skill to be a starter in this league

Defense:
Haloti Ngata: Last year was a learning year and he was told to be just a run stuffer. BUt with a year under his belt, he could be asked to do more than clog holes, he could become a passrusher

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: ben troupe if he stays healthy and plays to his potential level

Defense: stephen tulloch, a year of experience under his belt, will make plays and rack up the tackles
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offense: Vernon Davis

Defense: Manny Lawson

Coincidence they were both drafted in 1st round last year?

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense... Ehm... I'll just be really really hopeful and say Calvin Johnson.

Defense... Probably Ernie Sims...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense - Santonio Holmes
Defense - Anthony Smith - He'd get it except I think they're keeping veteran Ryan Clark Back there... So I'll go with Ike Taylor as HM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Offense - Santonio Holmes
He has so much potential
He could be a top WR in the league soon.

Faithful Niner Fan
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
He has so much potential
He could be a top WR in the league soon.
I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

I think he'll go above and beyond that. I think he'll be Ben's go to guy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

Quote:
I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

Yea...plus his long TD in OT was clutch and just plain nasty.

Faithful Niner Fan
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Ronnie Brown, it's his 3rd year, definitely has played well the last 2 years with less than ideal surroundings, but needs to take a big step up. Has a real lead blocker now, OL has improved, had an offensive minded coach that will use him correctly, hopefully the passing game will give him some room and Ginn will get the Reggie Bush treatment. He has done well, but that isn't enough for the #2 overall pick. A 1200 rushing yard season with 50 catches isn't out of the question.

Defense: Channing Crowder, loved Crowder since the day we drafted him and he has played great the last 2 years, but I think this is the year he takes it to the next level. Great run stopper and great in coverage, nasty player, everything a LB needs, should be fun to watch.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love these threads. Its like Homerfest 2007 :p

I agree DG, I think Crowder is a beast. Im expecting big things from him this year.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs

O - FB/TE Kris Wilson the next Chris Cooley

D - Tamba Hali he had a very good all around rookie season I look for him to only get better with the better players at DT this year.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Rex Hadnot - some could say he's already proven but i think the move to guard will be perfect for him. he's a mauler who made too many bad line calls at center. the move to guard will allow him to focus on his technique more in pass rushing so he can complement his already great run blocking skills. i believe he was an average center but has pro-bowl potential at guard. him and shelton on the right side should open lots of holes for ronnie as both are great run blockers.

Defense: Matt Roth - with Kevin Carter getting cut, Roth gets to take over the full-time DE spot opposite JT. he showed flashes of deserving more playing time last year and i think 8-10 sacks arent out of the question for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

for the packers offense I really think it's gunna be either Greg Jennings or Vernon Morency, I see a 1000 yards coming from one of em most likely Morency

for defense AJ Hawk is gunna have a definate pro bowl season, but I don't think thats gunna suprise anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears:
Offense - Cedric Benson = With Benson now being the number 1 guy he should put up big numbers.

Defense - Jamar Williams = With Briggs sitting out Williams will get a chance to step up and possible take Briggs' job.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:

over hines ward?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

offense - jerricho cotchery. last year was his coming out party. now this year he will become a star.

defense - bryan thomas. has talent. shown flashes. this year he will get into the 12-15 sack range.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The O: Julius Jones

The D: Marcus Spears

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta

Offense: Mike Vick/Roddy White-This is pretty much te defining year for both players. If they suck it up, they're probably gone, but I believe Vick and White, with the new coaches, will finally live up to potential, or close to it.

Defense: Demorrio Williams-He's a straight up beast. One of the fastest LB's in the league, and can rack up a 100+ tackle season.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love these threads. Its like Homerfest 2007 :p

I agree DG, I think Crowder is a beast. Im expecting big things from him this year.
well the topic is about your favorite team so its kinda hard not to be homerfest

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Reggie Bush--Over the second half of the season, really improved as a runner and started scoring touchdowns almost in bunches. I think he will have a HUGE season. I could see him becoming the next player to get 1000 yards rushing/receiving and posting 20 or close to 20 touchdowns.

Defense: Roman Harper--as a rookie, this guy showed a lot of promise prior to getting hurt. In fact, when he got hurt, he was playing like the second best player on our defense behind Will Smith. He's back healty and looking good in the OTAs. He has a nose for the football and I can see him having a big season.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincinnati Bengals

No one on offense really, maybe Andrew Whitworth or Eric Ghiaciuc but they're OL's.

Defense: Ahmad Brooks. He'll be the starting MLB opening game and has been studying hard this offseason and wants to become the leader of the defense. He showed his amazing physical abilities last year but was lacking experience in the film room which he's had plenty of this year. I expect him to explode.

Honorable Mention: Domata Peko, Rashad Jeanty, Robert Geathers and Johnathan Joseph (if he can learn to catch he could make the pro bowl).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
Offense:
Mark Clayton: he broke out last year, but this year he will take another big step and become our undisupted #1. He will break the 1k yard mark

Demetrius Williams: another reciever who played extremely well down the stretch. He will fight for a starting job. He has the frame and skill to be a starter in this league

Defense:
Haloti Ngata: Last year was a learning year and he was told to be just a run stuffer. BUt with a year under his belt, he could be asked to do more than clog holes, he could become a passrusher
Completely agree with the Ngata mention and at the end of the year last year he was unblockable and he was making plays. Mark Clayton should also go to the Pro Bowl next year, as he will be the #1 go to guy and he has a good repor with both McNair and Boller. D Will I don't think it will happen this season because he won't get the ball as much since Mason is still around, but in the 08-09 season watch out for D Will to absolutely dominate!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

offense: Jay Cutler (personally, i think he has a great year)

defense: Marcus Thomas (may start week 1)
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell, let me give it a shot

Offense: Brandon Jacobs. I think he'll surprise alot of people who think he's just a goalline back.

Defense: Kiwanuka. Not really breakout, because he did last year. But I expect him to be even better this year. What lots of people outside of the Giant fanbase fail to realize is, Kiwi had his best plays when he was standing up, not when he was a DE. I think he'll surprise alot of people at LB this year.