Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jenkins a no show at minicamp

For those of you who're unaware. During the NFL draft the Carolina Panthers received an offer from the St Louis Rams for Kris Jenkins, a second round pick.

The Carolina Panthers refused this offer instead opting to trade down with the Jets and pick up a second rounder anyway.

After being on the trading block for a few months Jenkins began to actually do something in the offseason and got into decent shape. After the trade didn't come to fruition he reportedly (from the Charlotte Observer etc) said he was happy to be in Carolina, and that it was "just business" and seemed to be on board.

Now he's a no show in camp.

From what I've heard, and I can't name my source because the NFL has already had words with me and people I work with about our coverage of the Panthers, Jenkins loves to run his mouth in TC. When they're doing sprints he's always talking back to the Strength and Condition coach and has apparently got into heated arguments with both him and Trgovac during drills over the past few years.

I'm thinking the big baby might be getting sick of being in Carolina because he has to work to keep his roster spot. After not getting traded he was probably pissed off and having to go run in the Spartanberg heat isn't helping.

He's a great player when motivated, its just getting him there that's the trouble. He is apparently working out with a personal trainer, but that's what he's told sources for the last few years and he's always shown up to camp, sloppy and nearly 380 pounds.,

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Typical "insider" information. I hate to be rude about it, but there are a hundred people that pretend to be insiders and, in fact, aren't. I'm not saying that you don't have a connection or that this news isn't reliable, I'm just saying most people will be weary to believe this.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Typical "insider" information. I hate to be rude about it, but there are a hundred people that pretend to be insiders and, in fact, aren't. I'm not saying that you don't have a connection or that this news isn't reliable, I'm just saying most people will be weary to believe this.
Its ok, you can check out my work on www.carolinahuddle.com just to pimp my name lol, but I do write for them. Here's some stuff from an interview our guy conducted.

Quote:
A few questions to Damione Lewis:

Do you talk to Kris?

"Every once in awhile I do."

What did he say?

"We just talked about average stuff, we really didn't get into business. I'm friends with Kris and he's a great guy and we'll just leave it at that."

Does it put the team at a disadvantage when he doesn't show up to this?

"I really can't comment. Like I said this is business and I really don't know anything about the situation and I'll just leave it at that."

And from Mike Wahle:

Even though these are voluntary is it pretty much understood that.....

"If you are talking about Kris I really don't know why he's not here and it's not my business to talk about him."
If anyone wants or feels they need more confirmation, admins, mods or whatever, PM me and I'll be happy to provide the information, but publicly I cannot do it. And I've probably all ready posted stuff I shouldn't have.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

John Fox's comments:

http://www.panthers.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=19436

Old 05-30-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are several (3) Giants posters on this forum that are "big shots" on other websites. Neither of them are BBD or Damix.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get rid of him, get a nice pick and move on
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt one of them Shockey+Manning=Shocking? I always thought that user name was cool.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
isnt one of them Shockey+Manning=Shocking? I always thought that user name was cool.
me too, purely because they are truly shocking (not the good kind)

i really despise both of them and i hope they both disappear together one day
Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
me too, purely because they are truly shocking (not the good kind)

i really despise both of them and i hope they both disappear together one day
Many feel the same way about you.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That username was original.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Tough internet talk. Man, I wish I had the balls to be an internet tough guy.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Tough internet talk. Man, I wish I had the balls to be an internet tough guy.
Hey, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't stick up for my team?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Wow, can we not stray off topic into hate.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Hey, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't stick up for my team?
You didn't really stand up for you team other than saying that "many" felt that stephenson86 was "shocking (in a bad way)". If you would have said, "I disagree, I feel that Shockey and Manning are good players and the Giants will do better than the Titans" then that would have been standing up for your team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

How does Carolina decline a second round pick for a guy that has had so many issues throughout his career? Didn't he struggle with substance abuse on top of his major injuries? That's poor managment.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a lost almost all of his '02-'03 explosion due to injuries and weight issues. I think they should have traded him for a 2nd round pick, personally.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He has a lost almost all of his '02-'03 explosion due to injuries and weight issues. I think they should have traded him for a 2nd round pick, personally.
No doubt.

And Shiv, the quote in your sig says "Were better than you" so are you trying to tell the noobs that you were better than them at one point but you're not anymore?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a quote from Dodgeball.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
It's a quote from Dodgeball.
I know but shouldn't it be "we're" (we are) rather than were.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Wow, I cannot believe I missed that one. LOL

Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
good job im not a pro footballer then ey
Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
He hasn't really, he's been two years out of football, that's a long time to readjust and he was above average last year, if he can remain at the form he was he would've been better than anyone we could've drafted either first or second round anyway.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the panthers should have done this trade.... this is the 1st time i heard about this trade, but kris jenkins is as fragile as a crystal cup being dropped from ontop of the sears tower..... rams are sooooo desperate for Dline help that they offered a really good deal, but the panthers declined

and on a side note, jenkins is only good in madden when you turn off injury :D

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jenkins played all sixteen games last season, so the "fragile as a crystal cup" line doesn't really apply here. Why give up on a player who, on any given Sunday, can be the best at his position in the NFL?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He hasn't really, he's been two years out of football, that's a long time to readjust and he was above average last year, if he can remain at the form he was he would've been better than anyone we could've drafted either first or second round anyway.
I would agree, but he reportedly showed up in the 380-lbs range.