Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which teams are worse off?

We all talk about improved teams...but which teams do you think are worse off from last year?

I think the titans are a candidate. Losing top CB, RB, and two top WR from the roster could hurt. But well see how brandon jones, david givens, and paul williams are as part of the titans WR core.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 05-30-2007 at 08:06 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Buffalo.....
Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers RB situation is gonna be interesting.

Chargers ILB's.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans, Chiefs, Bills, Seahawks, Eagles, depending on the Briggs situation Bears.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll (Titans) definately be one of the top teams listed on this, as well we should be with the losses on the roster, and being dependant on so many young guys to step up in their place.

Thankfully this is just "on paper" and they still have to play the games.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons, Bills and Cheifs come to mind.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans, Packers and Giants are the three teams that stick out the most.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans, Bills, Green Bay's running game, Chiefs, Giants, possibly Bears, and Colts.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Chargers.They have Norv Turner as HC.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Titans, Bills, Green Bay's running game, Chiefs, Giants, possibly Bears, and Colts.
I disagree, I think the Giants will do very well this year.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
And I think the Giants will have a top-10 pick.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
And I think the Giants will have a top-10 pick.
I disagree, I think the Giants will win the superbowl. :)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I forgot Giants and Falcons.

M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say the Falcons... they did bring in Horn, Anderson, and Mughelli.
If they are worse off, it's not by much...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Based on what exactly?

Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs defense improved light years with the addition of Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards, Boone, Tyler, McBride and having Page and Pollard at safeties will alleviate the pressure on the CBs in the T2 system.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers worse off? Just wait until you all see Brandon Jackson ad James Jones in action. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wouldnt say the Falcons... they did bring in Horn, Anderson, and Mughelli.
If they are worse off it's not by much...
The only way Atlanta is worse off is if Michael Vick incurs the wrath of Roger Goodell prior to the season. That means he would have to be indicted, tried and convicted prior to the season. Obviously that is unlikely. Vick will be punished in '08, if at all.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Based on what exactly?
Based on the fact they are his favorite team? I think so.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Chiefs defense improved light years with the addition of Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards, Boone, Tyler, McBride and having Page and Pollard at safeties will alleviate the pressure on the CBs in the T2 system.
Donnie Edwards is about the only player of real note there and he's way past his prime.

Alphonso Boone...umm......

I know the Chiefs defense didn't have much to improve on but still....the losses on the offensive line easily offset what has been "gained" on defense.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Based on what exactly?
Last year we made the playoffs with tons of injuries on both sides of the ball. We showed what we can do during the begining of the year, we were just bitten by the injury bug later on. Toomer, Arrington, Osi, Strahan, Petitgout, Tuck, the list goes on and on. Eli will have more options this year in Steve Smith and possibly Sinorice Moss if he breaks out. I know we lost Tiki, but I have tons of faith in Brandon Jacobs. Our running game shouldn't miss a beat IMO. Defense, has more depth, more youth and we added an immediate starter in Aaron Ross at CB, which was a major weak point last year. Our roster has only improved, I can't see how we will regress.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the addition of a running back in the draft, a healthy Bennett would help take about 70-100 carries from Larry. Huard or Croyle learning the system and being better game managers and not making mistakes with a line that was in more trouble last year than going into this year proves that the pass game is not of utmost importance. Gonzo, Kennison, Bowe, Page, Hannon, Parker really not a formidable crew of options for a qb but still Kennison and Gnoz produce.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The only way Atlanta is worse off is if Michael Vick incurs the wrath of Roger Goodell prior to the season. That means he would have to be indicted, tried and convicted prior to the season. Obviously that is unlikely. Vick will be punished in '08, if at all.
-Change in coaching staff to what will likely be a complex offense and a gradual overhaul in personel, particularly on the offensive line.

-General bad vibe around the team at the moment. Even if Vick is not immediately charged this is a huge distraction for him and the team. It's not like the Bengals losing Chris Henry. The Falcons are Mike Vick.

-Mediocre drafting and personel moves the last few years. Haven't done a great job of stocking the team with talent.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Donnie Edwards is about the only player of real note there and he's way past his prime.

Alphonso Boone...umm......

I know the Chiefs defense didn't have much to improve on but still....the losses on the offensive line easily offset what has been "gained" on defense.
Upgrading the d-line with 3 new players getting rid of 2 TERRIBLE players, gettign a tampa 2 style MLB and an OLB that had over 100 tackles last year are HUGE upgrades.
Quote:
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Upgrading the d-line with 3 new players getting rid of 2 TERRIBLE players, gettign a tampa 2 style MLB and an OLB that had over 100 tackles last year are HUGE upgrades.
Not really. But keep telling yourself that if you want.

Man I love the offseason. Every move made is just one step closer to the Superbowl. Where's a rolly-eye face when you need one?