Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vote for the Steeler 75 Anniversary Team

http://www.steelers.com/75years/

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did that already:

QB: Terry Bradshaw
RB1: Jerome Bettis
RB2: Franco Harris
TE: Mark Bruener
WR1: John Stallworth
WR2:Hines Ward
OL1(LT): Jon Kolb
OL2(LG): Alan Faneca
OL3(OC): Dermonti Dawson
OL4(RG): Mike Webster - He was originally a guard
OL5(RT): Tunch Ilkin - I'd Pick Leon Searcy, but he retired a Jag.

DL1(LDE): L.C. Greenwood
DL2(LDT): Joe Greene ( Lipscomb wasn't close here, but he was damn good)
DL3(RDT): Ernie Stautner (Casey Hampton was close but Stautner..damn)
DL4(RDE): Dwight Mad-Dog White

LB1(WLB): Jack Ham
LB2(MLB): Jack Lambert
LB3(SLB): Greg Lloyd

DB1(LCB): Rod Woodson
DB2(RCB): Mel Blount
DB3(FS) : Carnell Lake
DB4(SS) : Donnie Shell (Love Troy, but 2 seasons vs 14..)

K/P1: Lou Michaels
K/P2: Gary Anderson

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am a philadelphia eagles fan, are the steelers following the eagles footsteps with the 75 anniversary team or was the steelers first?

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we were probably first and stiller, i don't want to start a debate on era's but there is noway Stautner deserves it over Hampton, Hampton is an immoveable object in the middle and has been since he started. i know Stautner is in HOF but they used to give those things away. Stautner weighed less than most of our linebackers do right now at 230lbs, even though i know that the lineman weighed considerably less then too. i just don't think that Stautner should make it over Hampton, Hampton can be argued as one of our greates linemen ever and that is saying something, Hampton and Mean Joe would be immoveable in the middle.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
we were probably first and stiller, i don't want to start a debate on era's but there is noway Stautner deserves it over Hampton, Hampton is an immoveable object in the middle and has been since he started. i know Stautner is in HOF but they used to give those things away. Stautner weighed less than most of our linebackers do right now at 230lbs, even though i know that the lineman weighed considerably less then too. i just don't think that Stautner should make it over Hampton, Hampton can be argued as one of our greates linemen ever and that is saying something, Hampton and Mean Joe would be immoveable in the middle.
Have you ever seen Stautner Play? He in his era was probably better than Mean Joe Greene.

Football wasn't the big deal it is now, or in the late 70's. At 230lbs, he whipped into the backfield literally every play.

As for Lipscomb, the guy was 6'9, 330lbs and ran a 4.55 40' said one of his teammates (John Henry Johnson).

Trust me I love Casey Hampton and it's a little unfair because he's unselfish in the 3-4, but Casey has never and likely will never be as dominant as Stautner was during his time.

On top of that.. Ernie Stautner is literally the ONLY STEELERS PLAYER TO HAVE ART ROONEY OFFICIALLY RETIRE HIS #!

Old 06-01-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gotta be Stautner he is the only guy have his number retired by the steelers

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
I am a philadelphia eagles fan, are the steelers following the eagles footsteps with the 75 anniversary team or was the steelers first?
I doubt anyone was "copying" anyone. Most teams do things like this for 50th, 75th, and 100th anniversaries.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
It gotta be Stautner he is the only guy have his number retired by the steelers
It does, I hate it, but I mean its' tough when you have the same amount of Talent our defense has had over the past 30 years.

Joe Greene and Ernie Stautner were literally the best players our defense has had during their tenures.

Hampton IMO will be a HOFer and is a Pro-Bowler, but he's not 1/10th as dominant as Ernie Stautner is.

I remember the Stautner was on a team that lost the game to get in the playoffs, the first game he had back was against the team that beat them (Giants I believe) and Stautner hit the QB so hard he broke his nose and 4 ribs.