Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 05-31-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default General Discussion: Forum Mock NBA Draft

Please dont let the last mock shy you away from signing up.. the more people we get invoolved the better this thing gets...

After the downfall of the last mock I have chosen to organize a new one....
if you have interest PM/E-mail/AIM me you interest....
E-mail: Dan_ch@sbcglobal.net
AIM: thah0ward

In this mock everything will be run nearly the same was as the old one... the only main change is the fact we will now have 3 trade Commishes who will be in charge of keeping this thing within a certain degree of realism.... I will be one of TCs the other 2 will be respected members of the forum chosen by me.. there will also be 2 alternates in the case you cant fine 2 TC and to help out the main TC if they have trouble with a major trade.. they will only be used in emergancy however
TCs: TH3
TCs: Windy City Big Gamer Uno
TCs: DChess
aTC:Tampa 2 4 life
aTC: D-Unit
In order for your trade to be passed it must comply with NBA rules and regulations and be approved by 2/3 of the TCs if a minor trade and 3/3 if it is a major trade...(use common sense when figuring which category your trade falls under)

When producing a trade for the TCs be able to provide good solid reasoning on both sides why the TCs should approve your trade.... the mathmatical matching of salary wether it be by ESPN's trade checker or done out by hand...

the schedule will be as follows....
Teams assigned - Sat June 2nd
Re-signing period beings - Sat June 2nd as soon as teams are given
Resigning period ends - Tuesday June 5th at 11:59pm Central time
FA period Begins - 12am CST Wed June 6th
FA period Ends - Sun June 10th at 11:59pm CST
2007 Draft Begins - (picks may be made starting as soon as FA ends... clock will be 1 hour 12pm-11PM cst on june 11th and run until the draft is finished)
the day after this 2007 draft ends the 2008 draft will begin and follow the same clock schedule
grades will be given - starting the day after the 2008 draft is complete and run until all are finished...

thank you all input is welcome

Last edited by D-Unit : 06-04-2007 at 04:59 PM.
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Team Assignments:

Atlanta Hawks - Paul
Boston Celtics - bored of education
Charlotte Bobcats - Its all about The U
Chicago Bulls - adschofield
Cleveland Cavaliers - DChess
Dallas Mavericks - TH3
Denver Nuggets - princefielder28
Detroit Pistons - Scotty D
Golden State Warriors - Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Houston Rockets - Comahan
Indiana Pacers - cardsalltheway
Los Angeles Clippers - sdpads24
Los Angeles Lakers - M.O.T.H.
Memphis Grizzlies - D-Unit
Miami Heat - D-Unit
Milwaukee Bucks - princefielder28
Minnesota Timberwolves - Ghettosermon
New Jersey Nets - scottyboy
New Orleans Hornets - Charm City Byrdgang
New York Knicks - Lions WMD
Orlando Magic - Tampa 2 4 life
Philadelphia 76ers - Eagles own the NFC East
Phoenix Suns - fenikz
Portland Trail Blazers - Ghettosermon
Sacramento Kings - RoyHall#1
San Antonio Spurs - TH3
Seattle SuperSonics - PL
Toronto Raptors - Chucky
Utah Jazz - NickBam
Washington Wizards - Charm City Byrdgang

Last edited by TH3 : 06-02-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

Helpful Links:
Trades
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Draft Help
http://www.nbadraft.net/
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/index
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-dra...t-ar23523.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_Draft
http://www.draftexpress.com/

Free Agent List
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654216

Last edited by TH3 : 05-31-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCB and I were going to start one, but that's ok. Go for it. One thing I was going to implement that I think you should consider is creating a "No Trade List" of players who you designate cannot be traded. Some teams will have players on that list and some will not.

You can use this if you want:
Atlanta - J. Smith J. Johnson
Charlotte - R. Felton E. Okafor A. Morrison
Chicago - K. Hinrich L. Deng T. Thomas
Cleveland - L. James
Dallas - D. Nowitzki
Denver - C. Anthony
Detroit - R. Hamilton T. Prince
Golden State - B. Davis
Houston - T. McGrady Y. Ming
Indiana - D. Granger
LA Clippers - E. Brand
Miami - D. Wade S. O'Neal
Memphis - RudyGay
Milwaukee - M. Redd
Minnesota - R. Foye
New Jersey - R. Jefferson
New York - E. Curry
NO/Oklahoma City - C. Paul
Orlando - D. Howard
Philadelphia - A. Iguodala
Phoenix - S. Nash S. Marion A. Stoudemire
Portland - B. Roy L. Aldridge
Sacramento - K. Martin
San Antonio - T. Parker T. Duncan M. Ginobili
Seattle - C. Wilcox
Toronto - T. Ford C. Bosh A. Bargnani
Utah - D. Williams C. Boozer
Washington - G. Arenas

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-31-2007 at 04:14 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Memphis. Love their new hiring of Marc Ivaroni and I want to reshape the team into the East's version of the Suns.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-31-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great idea D-Unit, as a matter of fact I PM'd the same idea to him..

A couple of suggestions.. I don't think the Lakers would trade Bynum... and I think the Suns would trade Shawn Marion.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Great idea D-Unit, as a matter of fact I PM'd the same idea to him..

A couple of suggestions.. I don't think the Lakers would trade Bynum... and I think the Suns would trade Shawn Marion.
I will get a full list and set up a trade block thread tonight... keep sending in apps...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

D-Unit would you mind being the other TC? or one of the other mods that way i have someone with the ability to edit threads if i am not around for soem reason
Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll sign up as the Nets. I'd give other teams, but really dont know much about others but the Nets and think it'd be for the best if I was them. love the no trade players. i could be an aTC if needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so let me get this right.

Ghetto and PF can't run a good enough mock for you guys, but you think the guy who traded Dirk Nowitzki for Channing Frye is competent to run the whole mock? No offense to TH3, but count me out of this.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post

Ghetto and PF can't run a good enough mock for you guys, but you think the guy who traded Dirk Nowitzki for Channing Frye is competent to run the whole mock? No offense to TH3, but count me out of this.
no, actually PF and GS said they were done... so i said i would run a new one... but thank you for telling us(since we cared and all) you would not be a part of this one... we thank you
Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to take the plunge. I'll take the Hawks.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post

We're all deeply saddened....

(Insert bad Borat Impression) NOT

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'll take Memphis. Love their new hiring of Marc Ivaroni and I want to reshape the team into the East's version of the Suns.
Grizzlies = teh westirn confaranse
Old 05-31-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May I please have the Celtics?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i kinda disagree with that no trade list, because although it may be unlikely that thoser players are traded(besides Marion) there is always a possibility, just make sure the trade goes throw some screens

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

opps double post

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i kinda disagree with that no trade list, because although it may be unlikely that thoser players are traded(besides Marion) there is always a possibility, just make sure the trade goes throw some screens
So you agree that it's unlikely they get traded, but you wanna leave the possibility open? How about this... If you can find a reliable source that links any of those players to real trade talks (not rumors) then we remove them from that list. That's fair. Anything else would lead to this not being anywhere close to realistic again. ...and I know some of you want that, but no.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I like it.. it sets the degree of realism for the mock. In real life, you aren't going to see these players traded.. there's no reason for it.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I like it.. it sets the degree of realism for the mock. In real life, you aren't going to see these players traded.. there's no reason for it.
I agee with that as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave you some sticky's H0ward, have fun guys.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about change J Smith to Joe Johnson on the non-tradeables. He did sign a max deal, plus I want Josh Smith as trade bait
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TH3 has convinced me, I will participate as a GM only, if that is alright with you all, and if I can I'd like the Blazers.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
TH3 has convinced me, I will participate as a GM only, if that is alright with you all, and if I can I'd like the Blazers.
done......
Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

BoE..... make your pic smaller if you dont mind