It’s crazy to think that the college football regular season is nearly completed, with that being said, let’s take another look at our friends over at MockDraftDatabase.com and see who’s expected to be drafted in round 1 of the 2024 NFL Mock Draft Consensus!
NOTE: I have it set to “All Time” when looking at the consensus for the 2024 Draft.
2024 NFL Mock Draft Consensus
1. Arizona Cardinals – Marvin Harrison Jr, WR Ohio State
2. Chicago Bears – Caleb Williams, QB USC
3. Chicago Bears – Olu Fashanu, OT Penn State
4. New York Giants – Drake Maye, QB UNC
5. New England Patriots – Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
6. LA Rams – Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB Alabama
7. Green Bay Packers – Dallas Turner, Edge Alabama
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Quinn Ewers, QB Texas
9. Denver Broncos – Jer’Zhan Newton, DL Illinois
10. Tennessee Titans – JC Latham, OT Alabama
11. Atlanta Falcons – Michael Penix Jr, QB Washington
12. Washington Commanders – Laiatu Latu, Edge UCLA
13. Indianapolis Colts – Keon Coleman, WR Florida State
14. Las Vegas Raiders – Kalen King, CB Penn State
15. Arizona Cardinals – Jared Verse, Edge Florida State
16. New York Jets – Amarius Mims, OT Georgia
Picks 1-16 Takeaways
The Quinn Ewers injury puts that #8 pick in a weird spot but I’d expect to see plenty of quarterbacks taken in round 1 this upcoming season, especially if JJ McCarthy keeps playing like he has been thus far in 2023. Otherwise, these other picks all fill needs, now would I take a wideout if I’m Indianapolis? Probably not, they have more pressing needs but all the other picks make sense (though New England could be drafting their QB of the future if they are still a top 5 pick come next spring!
17. Los Angeles Chargers – Cooper DeJean, S Iowa
18. Buffalo Bills – Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota
19. New Orleans Saints – JT Tuimoloau, EDGE Ohio State
20. Minnesota Vikings – Bo Nix, QB Oregon
21. Dallas Cowboys – Jordan Morgan, OT Arizona
22. Pittsburgh Steelers – Nate Wiggins, CB Clemson
23. Houston Texans – Emeka Egbuka,WR Ohio State
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Malik Nabers, WR LSU
25. Seattle Seahawks – Barrett Carter, LB Clemson
26. San Francisco 49ers – Kingsley Suamataia, OT BYU
27. Miami Dolphins – Patrick Paul, OT Houston
28. Jacksonville Jaguars – Demeioun Robinson, EDGE Penn State
29. Detroit Lions – Kamari Lassiter, CB Georgia
30. Baltimore Ravens – Princely Umanmielen, DL Florida
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Xavier Worthy, WR Texas
32. Philadelphia Eagles – Bralen Trice, EDGE Washington
Picks 17-32 Takeaways
Picks in this range are teams that are typically trending in the right direction, so I think a lot of these picks make sense. I could see Seattle targeting a quarterback if we keep seeing the play from Geno we’ve had this season but otherwise, you never know what to expect in round one from them. My Lions targeting cornerback makes a ton of sense, that position continues to be a big area of need, and with the trade deadline move to acquire Donovan Peoples-Jones, corner moves up to be my biggest area of need for them. That could quickly become the offensive line, with multiple aging vets on the roster in starting roles.
I found it interesting to see Chop Robinson fall into the 20s, he’s one of my favorite pass rushers in the class. Cinci also taking a wide receiver doesn’t make much sense this high, when they could target offensive line help, tight end (Brock Bowers?), or even more defensive line depth.
Thanks for Stopping By!
For more on the NFL Draft, check these out: