While some may say it is aggressively early to strategize for your 2023 fantasy draft, is it really? With money, pride, and bragging rights on the line year in and year out, I don’t think you can ever be too prepared to start looking at the ‘what if’s in the first round and possibly beyond.
Also, full disclosure: I am bummed that I haven’t been able to watch my Packers suit up in the postseason so that probably affects my thought process here. Just stick with me. I am, after all, a 2022 Co-Champion.
I decided to rank my very own way-too-early top 10 picks below. Check ‘em out and let me know your thoughts on Twitter @MirdaSheWrote!
Way Too Early 2023 Fantasy Top 10
- Christian McCaffrey, RB – San Francisco 49ers
- Justin Jefferson, WR – Minnesota Vikings
- Austin Ekeler, RB – Los Angeles Chargers
- Saquon Barkley, RB – New York Giants
- Ja’Marr Chase, WR – Cincinnati Bengals
- Josh Jacobs, RB – Las Vegas Raiders
- Travis Kelce, TE – Kansas City Chiefs
- Joe Mixon, RB – Cincinnati Bengals
- Derrick Henry, RB – Tennessee Titans
- Davante Adams, WR – Las Vegas Raiders
A few wideouts that missed the top ten by a hair? CeeDee Lamb (Dallas Cowboys), Tyreek Hill (Miami Dolphins), and Cooper Kupp (Los Angeles Rams). While anyone could make a case for those three to be on the above list, I have some concerns with the QBs who are slinging the rock at them:
-Dak seems to have some problems with consistency. Not to mention, some injuries that have taken him out several games over the years.
-Will Tua be back? And if so, will he be the same? Those concussions were too frequent and daunting.
-Is Matthew Stafford ever going to play at a high level again?
Indeed, this list could adjust over the next several months once we watch free agency, trades, and the draft all take place. Let’s chat in a few months and see how much this list may change!